Question for "apostate" couples.

by 3rdgen 31 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi everyone! Today I was reminded that just because both of us left the WTBT$ we are not always on the same page. This could be because of our very different personalities I guess. Still, one would think discussions of the Borg would not lead to arguments but often they do. Is this true for you? Does one of you want to talk or read about "apostate" topics more than the other? Does one of you just want to leave most all thought and discussion and move on? Is one of you more angry? Do these differences cause arguments? Thanks!

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

My wife has zero interest in keeping up with anything. she could walk away and never ask a single question about the religion again. I on the other hand keep up on things. The difference though was that she never fully studied even when she believed it. So when there is a big change to something the chances of her knowing what the previous doctrine was is pretty slim. The arguments we have is that we are not fully out yet. She would walk away tomorrow but I need a slower fade because of family.

• Magnum
    Magnum

We don't have arguments about JWdom; we are on the same page. However, I'm the one who does most of the research and keeping up with what's going on. I keep her filled in. We are angry and resentful to the same degree.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I wouldn't say that we've had any real arguments, but Just Ron is certainly less interested in the local JDub gossip or talking about the Borg than I am

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks sloppyjoe2, Magnum and finally awake. Hubby and I left after nearly 6 decades of sacrifice and servitude. He realized there was somthing seriously rotten in Watchtower before I did, but once I did, I ran with it faster than he, partly because I have more free time to read and think. I talk incessently about the subject especially the funny stuff- It keeps me sane and from crying. He doesn't want to be reminded every day because he is bitter, angry. and touchy. It's like a very bad sunburn and I keep unintentionally rubbing it.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

It comes and goes... sometime my wife is more on theses things then I am and some other times, I am more involved. It depends on the days. That being said, we do not on the same level on everything and enjoy debating things now and then.

Still, when I think of how it was a little more than a year ago, my wife did not want to hear about my negative feelings about the watchtower at ALL... she simply wanted to move on. At that time, I believe she was in denial and now, she is doing the exact oposite... being much more active then me on the web posting things and sharing her thoughts as some sort of a healing process.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

ecan6 , Is your wife a poster on JWN?

• smiddy
    smiddy

We dont argue about it at all , however my wife has very little interest in Jw`s whatsoever and has no interest in sites like this , whereas I`m here nearly everyday checking out the latest gossip / scandal etc. We were in for 32 years and actually had a good social life , and when the penny dropped we both exited at the same time . My son and his wife, both born ins and both out of the borg about the time we left are not into apostate sites as such.

However when I do bring something up they all show interest and comment but thats about as far as it goes , which is also true of my other son who is also an ex jw .

I`m just happy we are all out of this cult.

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Same as MAGNUM - 100%!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we don't have arguments. one in 30 years. don't really have discussion. wife says, nothing or yeah or snores. my wife doesn't read anything to do with the witnesses and if i didn't mention it she wouldn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit