This weeks service meeting! More craziness.....

by stuckinarut2 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I can confirm that the video isn't available in the UK. I am actually meant to be doing the demo this thursday so I was hoping the video might make it here. If not I was planning on emphasizing the type/antitype nature of the chart (without using those terms of course) and generally making it seem as silly as I can get away with.

This sounds fun. Report back how it goes. I predict, though, that you will be sickened by the number of people that come up to congratulate you on how well you handled the part and how obvious it was to them after your explanation.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

OneEyedJoe - those ones dont really bother me. It's the few who dont come to see me who might just be thinking, that I'm really interested in

• prologos
    prologos

Blue Brother "--had to talk quickly over that bit--" chuckle. like the quick step from the New Covenant to the Kingdom Covenant in the Memorial talk.

pity, only in the USA you say? ( tetley tee commercial)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Saltheart Foamfollower: Maybe you could actaully use the word type/antitype at least once. Maybe it would jog a person's thinking.

• steve2
    steve2

I like the part in the letter that instructs the elders not to prepare for that part of the meeting because it will be featured in the video.

This is a sign of things to come.

Don't do the "research" yourselves, brothers and don't present it yourselves when you've done it.

We've done it all for you - and we will also present it.

Sit. Listen. Obey.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

A ridiculous doctrine that JW's cant explain and don't get, good luck convincing a wandering passerby with a smartphone....

• designs
    designs

A 'prerecorded demonstration' has it really come to that....

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Seems to me that the low hanging fruit of disinterested and bored Jehovah's Witnesses are ripe for the plucking. Seriously, we need to make a little more effort with our families . . .

• minimus
    minimus

If you repeat a falsehood long enough and loud enough, you will always find people who will begin to believe.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

steve2: I like the part in the letter that instructs the elders not to prepare for that part of the meeting because it will be featured in the video.

This is a sign of things to come...Don't do the "research" yourselves

Actually, this idea has been around for decades. WT likes JWs to remain stupid and ignorant:

Watchtower 1967 June 1 p.338 Move Ahead with Jehovah's Organization

"But in Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit