This weeks service meeting! More craziness.....

by stuckinarut2 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

The link is up on jw org for elders. Its too soon for me to post here but eventually it will be made public. Its not inspiring to say the least

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JNO: Its not inspiring to say the least

Thanks for confirming what we all expected!

• flipper
    flipper

I see this as a desperate move on the part of the GB and WT leaders to re-indoctrinate JW's because they know that 2015 is coming up really fast now. It will be 101 years since the alleged " kingdom " or alleged " invisible heavenly rule " in their view started and they are sweating bullets that they can't keep selling this pie in the sky story to some JW's anymore.

WT leaders saying that the kingdom started in 1914 is like me saying my left nut is a walnut- you can say it all day long - but that left nut is still a testacle and the alleged " heavenly kingdom " doesn't exist. It's still an unreality

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT leaders saying that the kingdom started in 1914 is like me saying my left nut is a walnut

You're out-gunned, Flipper. WT has 7 nuts running the show.

• blondie
    blondie

INDISPUTABLE FACTS! Check the footnotes..........

The religion's doctrines surrounding 1914 are the legacy of a series of emphatic claims regarding the years 1799, [ 4 ] 1874, [ 4 ] 1878, [ 5 ] 1914, [ 6 ] 1918 [ 7 ] and 1925 [ 8 ] made in the Watch Tower Society's publications between 1879 and 1924. Claims about the significance of those years, including the presence of Jesus Christ, the beginning of the "last days", the destruction of worldly governments and the earthly resurrection of Jewish patriarchs, were successively abandoned. [ 9 ] In 1922 the society's principal journal, Watch Tower, described its chronology as "no stronger than its weakest link", but also claimed the chronological relationships to be "of divine origin and divinely corroborated...in a class by itself, absolutely and unqualifiedly correct" [10] and "indisputable facts", [4] The Watchtower, March 1, 1922, page 73, "The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the 'time of the end' began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." ( while repudiation of Russell's teachings was described as "equivalent to a repudiation of the Lord". [11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its amazing that people don't break out laughing at the meetings like this, I know if I was still going that's what I would of done impossible not to.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

damage control and mole hunting....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How do you explain the unexplanable? Even as an active believer, I always knew that the so called "chronology" was very tenuous !

As a kid, with an inquiring mind, I once asked a speaker after a public talk how one found the link between an initial fulfilment of Daniel's tree image and a second fulfilment. He could only chuckle and say that he had to speak quickly over that bit! I should have known then , shouldn't I ?

So we might have a video? Is that because they feared that the locals may not be able to carry it off? Or that nobody would volunteer?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT has been down this road before...and still hasn't learned a thing:

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914"
    --Watchtower 7/15/1924, p.211

"This chronology is not of man but of God . . . of divine origin . . . absolutely and unqualifiedly correct."
    --Watchtower 7/15/1922, p.217

• Londo111
    Londo111

Is there a link to the video?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit