Scared of Armageddon?

by naja 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• givemejustalittlemoretime
  • givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Revelation was about what happened to jeruslaem and the tmeple in 70ad. It use hyperbole,symbolic metaphors as used by peopel in those days.Most of it is taken form the OT prophets like ezekiel who use dthe same language .Bible prophecy has been fulfilled already in the 1st centruy

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Rbi8 Genesis 1:26 ***

And God went on to say: "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth."

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: “I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?" - Isaiah 44:24

Contrast this with Colossians 1:15-17:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,"

There is a clear contradiction here. In the OT Jehovah says that he created the earth and stretched out the heavens by himself. In Colossians it says all this was done through - and hence, with - Jesus. So which was it - Jehovah alone? Or Jehovah with Jesus?

Isaiah 44:24 is a very profound scripture whose intended purpose is to expose the "empty talkers".

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: “I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?"

Now read Genesis Chapter 1

Genesis 1:26

And God went on to say: "Let usmake man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth."

Now continue reading in Isaiah Chapter 44:

Isaiah 44:25

[I am] frustrating the signs of the empty talkers, and [I am] the One that makes diviners themselves act crazily; the One turning wise men backwards, and the One that turns even their knowledge into foolishness;

Mission Accomplished!

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit