Scared of Armageddon?

by naja 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• naja
    naja

In the light of the following promises made by Jehovah, how can there be an Armageddon?

Genesis 8:21: … So Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again will I cursethe groundon man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up;and never again will I strike down every living thing as I have done.

Genesis 9:15, 16: And I will certainly remember my covenant that I made between me and you and every living creature of every kind;and never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all flesh.And the rainbow will occur in the cloud, and I will certainly see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of every kindon the earth.”

Does it make sense to say "I will never kill you by a flood, next time I will use fire? Just asking.

• Simon
    Simon

The bible has more plot holes than Twilight.

• prologos
    prologos

Of the three elements soem ancients "knew" water earth and fire, The watr canopy, the water, like the on Mars are gone, settled down, what else was there left? the really hot air (fire).

will there be another mass extinction?

perhaps, but there was no flood, so why would there be a promised non-sequel?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

naja - "Does it make sense to say 'I will never kill you by a flood, next time I will use fire?' Just asking."

Sure.

If you have untreated mental health problems.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Does it make sense to say "I will never kill you by a flood, next time I will use fire? Just asking.

A better question would be- Why not just vaporize the ones he wants to get rid of? Why, when he's ridding the earth of wicked people, does he feel the need to leave a giant mess behind for the survivors to clean up?

Welcome to the forum, btw.

• hoser
    hoser

I'm not scared of Armageddon because it will probably never happen. It will definately not happen the way jehovahs witnesses envision.

It is a device used by the Jehovah's Witness religion to ensure compliance. it is much the same as hellfire. It doesn't exist but if we get you to believe it we can control your life.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Makes about as much sense as a talking donkey, a talking snake, God killing his son to pay a debt to himself, etc. etc.

So, no...it doesn't make sense.

• myelaine
    myelaine

The fire from God destroys or dissolves "the elements" of the world/society that aren't in union with His kingdom.

The 5 elements of the world:

POLITICAL: A MONOPOLY ON THE USE OF FORCE/VIOLENCE TO MAINTAIN ORDER. ECONOMIC: PROVIDING FOR THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE AND OTHER HUMAN WANTS.

SOCIAL: PERTAINING TO CUSTOMS, EDUCATION, AND GROUPINGS.

RELIGIOUS: SYSTEMS OF BELIEF THAT DEAL WITH QUESTIONS OF EXISTENCE.

ARTISTIC/INTELLECTUAL: DEALS WITH TRUTH, GOODNESS, AND BEAUTY.

If I remember correctly, according to the bible the only "giant mess" that awaits clean up is weapons. love michelle

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome naja.

Relax - there is no armageddon. It is a sick fantasy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the book of revelations was put and left n the bible canon to scare people into submission and thats all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit