Scared of Armageddon?

by naja 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

In answer to your question, No. There's sense and then there's religious beliefs - and never the twain shall meet.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Scared of Armageddon?

Nope, in fact I am really, really happy about Armageddon:

Revelation 16:13-16

And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. 15 "Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awakeand keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness." 16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

Show me where it says I should be scared.

abe

• cofty
    cofty

able - are you happy at the prospect of billions of men women and children being killed by your god?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Probably one of the best "first posts" I've seen on here for some time!

Great scriptural references!

But yes...it's all a fairy tale, so no need to be in fear of it!

It makes as much sense to be scared of the "death star" destroying the world...remember, even Star Wars is a religion to some people!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

able - are you happy at the prospect of billions of men women and children being killed by your god?

Cofty,

The worst outcome I can read from the scripture posted above which refers to Armageddon is; .... "shamefullness".

The best outcome is happiness.

The audience is "the kings of the earth".

Have you been involved in some kind of brain washing religion that convinced you it said something else?

Read it again.

Maybe you've been asleep.

Wake up!

15 "Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness."

abe

• cofty
    cofty

If you want to succinctly explain your views without posting that video again feel free.

Otherwise I have a yoghurt going out of date.

• steve2
    steve2

People who are either scared at the prospect of the human race being annihilated or happy strike me as diaper-dependent infantswhose brain cells are firing off in some ghastly patriarchal la-la land. Intellectual giants they are so not.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Oh yes, the main reason for my "happiness" is that:

Everything Jesus Christ said would happen, .... is really happening!

Jesus Christ is awesome!

abe

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

Amageddon is judgement of the system, not judgement of individual people. When it is over all kinds of people will recognize that the world is now under one rulership and nations will comply once they see what is going on. It is not JUDGEMENT DAY. That is 1,000yrs long, after everybody learn what the real truth is and can decide if they want to do it. Witnesses uses sriptures in the wrong place and when it is symbolic they say literal and have the scriptures in the wrong time period.

www.friendofjehovahswitnesses.com/category/armageddon-2/

• Island Man
    Island Man

" Does it make sense to say "I will never kill you by a flood, next time I will use fire? Just asking."

Ummm . . . actually, that's kind of what Peter said. LOL.

"For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men." - 2 Peter 3:5-7, NWT

It just goes to show that the bible is an inconsistent book and its inconsistency is especially seen when comparing the OT with the NT which leads me to conclude that the NT is an unorthodox addition to the bible and christianity is actually a heretical offshoot from Judaeism. Here's an example that highlights how the NT contradicts the OT proving that the NT is not really part of the bible cannon but a later clumsy add-on:

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: “I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?" - Isaiah 44:24

Contrast this with Colossians 1:15-17:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,"

There is a clear contradiction here. In the OT Jehovah says that he created the earth and stretched out the heavens by himself. In Colossians it says all this was done through - and hence, with - Jesus. So which was it - Jehovah alone? Or Jehovah with Jesus? Christianity does not mesh seemlessly with the OT and I suppose this is partly responsible for the development of the trinity doctrine to smooth over the inconsistencies produced by texts like the last two I highlight above.

Then there is the problem of the messianic prophecies, many of which, if one is truly honest and objective, don't read like prophecies at all but were clearly twisted by NT writers to make them seem like prophecies. Jesus failed to fulfill all the important and explicit Messianic prophecies in the OT so the NT writers resorted to twisting obscure OT texts that weren't written as Messianic prophecies to make them seem like they were, and portray Jesus as fulfilling them. And the major, explicit Messianic prophecies in the OT, are conveniently deffered to a future fulfillment in a "second coming". How convenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit