CANDACE CONTI - What's the current status?

by EdenOne 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm in a little urgency to know this, so please, if you can help:

As far as I understand, this is the sequence of events:

a) June 14th 2012 - On a trial by jury, Cancace Conti wins a civil law case involving child sexual abuse. General damages of $7 million dollars were awarded to Miss Conti, split between WTBTS NY (27%), Freemont Congregation (13%), and sex offender (60%);

b) June 15th 2012 - Candace was awarded additional punitive damages of $21 million, to be paid 100% by the WBTS. $1 Billion worth of WTBTS' assets are frozen to secure payment.

c) July 17th, the WBTS requested the judge to overrule the jury's veredict and order a new trial at the same court.

d) August 24th 2012, the WTBTS's request was denied, and a new trial was conditionally granted regarding the punitive damages (of $21 M); This new trial was avoided when Miss Conti agreed to accept reduced punitive damages of $8.610.000.

e) September 17th 2012 WTBTS files a Notice of Appeal

f) November 17th 2012 WTBTS files a Bond Security of $17 Million by Travelers Casuality and Surety Company of America to lift the $1 Billion asset freeze ordered by the court.

g) March 26th 2013 WTBTS and Freemont Congregation appeal brief

h) June 3rd 2013 Candace Conti, response brief to WTBTS and Freemont Congregation appeals.

i) August 29th 2013 Final reply brief of appeal by WTBTS and Freemont congregation.

Now, if I understood correctly, this is the sequence of events, and no new developments have happened since August 29th 2013, am I correct? As it currently stands, the Watchtower Society and the Freemont Congregation are still awaiting for the court to rule a decision about the appeals, correct?

The appeals were made regarding the CULPABILITY charges, or were they made regarding the AMOUNTS of money that the court ordered to be paid?

Please this is an information that I URGENTLY need to know.

Thank you

Eden

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m sure many of us would like to know the outcome , the law is not one to be hurried apparently.

I hope Candace Conti is holding up well with this drawn out saga., my thoughts are with her.

smiddy

• Splash
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fingers crossed for justice to be properly served for Candice.

Whatever the outcome, the fight against the watchtower(R) protecting paedophiles must go on. If those sanctimonious bustards in Brooklyn would only STOP PROTECTING PAEDOS and tell the elders to CALL THE Feckin POLICE without delay.....even if there weren't 2 witnesses to the vile atrocities!!!!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Could it be possible that they are trying to arrange for an out of court settlement?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just Kidding - Candace made it clear that she would NOT do such a thing, so don't hold your breath!

P.S. The case has been judged, so that would eliminate any possibility of an out of court settlement now.

• Splash
    Splash

The cost of the interest on that bond that WT had to arrange must be running close to $1million by now, isn't it?

Splash

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I hope she doesn't sell out and cut them a deal.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The point that I was trying to make is: There isn't ANY final decision on the court regarding the appeal, correct?

Eden

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

just a wee bump in case someone has new info ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit