news item...9 yr old baptised

by returnvisit 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vilhelm P - I think I was about 18 years old and was too young to realize the significance in what I was doing.

....and yet the JWs 'teach(tm)' that Jesus was 30ish when he got craptised!

There's money in tham tharr kids.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was 14 when i was drowned. i did it because my dad was getting dunked--i wanted to please mum who was already a dub. also--a few other dub-brat friends were all going for a swim too---about 6 of us altogether. all i had studied was part of that big pink paradise book--and got dragged along to meetings by my mum.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Photo by Peter McIntosh.

9 year old Nya Miller

Conference spokesman Lane Vermaas, of Queenstown, said it was rare for someone so young to be baptised by the Jehovah's Witnesses church.

The religion was very particular about who was baptised.

Only those who had studied the Bible enough to be able to make their own decision about ''following God's will'' could be baptised, he said.

''So very few children get baptised. We don't believe in baptising babies.

"Nya has gone through an extended period of Bible study, and she has been asked a series of questions to make sure her decision to get baptised is her own decision.''

That's right! Most important decision in her life. But Mom & Dad won't let her decide to stay up past 8:00pm.

"Very few children get baptized" -- BULLSHITE ON THAT!

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The religion was very particular about who was baptised.

Yes. If you have no money to give to the holy holy holy paedophile protecting governing body(tm) then you can naff off.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Won't be long before pregnant JW women enter the pool to baptize their foetus.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy -

Won't be long before pregnant JW women enter the pool to baptize their foetus.

Or they baptise the lustful look in the milkman's eye

• blondie
    blondie

*** Watchtower 1992 March 1 p.27 ***

“In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only six years of age, I was determined to fulfill my dedication to Jehovah. That summer I served as a pioneer for the first time.”
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Baptises them young...captive for life!

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

And the justification by zombie JW's for children getting baptized is "it is a protection from Jehovah". Of course, they cannot actually come up with any reasonable reasons why it is a "protection". They just repeat the mantra.

What baptizing children is really like is handing that child a live grenade that the pin has been pulled. If they never drop the grenade, they have "protection". If they happen to let it slip from their hands or someone knocks it out of their hands........ BOOM! Mangled life.

• Liesl
    Liesl

I was dunked at 12 because I was in a race to beat my then friends to be a better J-dub than them.

It really is interesting how the parents let a mixture of peer pressure and misguided/misunderstood fear influence the decisions of the children which will essentially harm their future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit