news item...9 yr old baptised

by returnvisit 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• returnvisit
    returnvisit

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Check out website for Dunedin, NZs newspaper www.odt.co.nz re the 9yr old that got baptised at the convention in Dunedin this last weekend..

Can't you just hear everyone there gushing about it??

As I said Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

9. Wow, I was 11. Im 19 now and then I only wanted to do what I felt was right. At that age your ability to reason isn't developed. But ofcourse you are not supposed to reason as a JW. Only obey and go and make converts with people and convince them that JWs are mainstream christian with the only real truth.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Needless to say, this nine year old wasn't the first at that age to get dunked for Jah/8 old guys in Brooklyn

The thing about it is that the Dubs get all smug and talk about how in Christendom they baptize infants, well nine years old is not an infant, but there's a reason why a child can't sign a contract.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

9 you have got to wonder.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Child abuse .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wait until puberty kicks in. This kid's life is ruined.

Infant baptism is something the JWs pretend doesn't happen.

• bigmac
    bigmac

what does it matter--really? the kid will most likely leave the cult when a young adult---and enter the real world. let his / her parents carry the pain of seeing the kid leave---its their fault for encouraging such silly behaviour.

• steve2
    steve2

Total of more thsn 5,200 in attendance with 77 baptized at this Dunedin, New Zealand convention.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Steve2 - 77 baptized at this Dunedin, New Zealand convention.

Blimey. I wonder how many were born ins?

Beats the usual 3 born ins that get craptised in the UK.

I hope these 77 NEVER give in to Satan and 'forward non essential emails' (WT 15 July 2011) or Jehovah(tm) will become very angry indeed!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I think I was about 18 years old and was too young to realize the significance in what I was doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit