In your opinion: What would a teacher of the English language say about the way Anthony Morris III speaks?

by LogCon 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LogCon
    LogCon

Considering the language, wording and grammar of Anthony Morris III, if a teacher on the English language, at a prestigious University were to analyze Anthony's public speaking, what comments and conclusions would they come to? I say PUBLIC SPEAKING, because I would assume that an individual would be more careful with their words when spoken in public, than in private.

Serious comments would be appreciated, HOWEVER, I realize that OUTLAW and a few others are probably on a page of their own.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Anthony Morris (The Turd), when giving a public talk, exhibits the same level of true spirituality as a tree stump. Bigoted personal opinions, diatribes against gays and tight pants, idiotic stories. Nothing really uplifting or designed to make the listeners actually THINK. The same goes for other GB members. Their lack of education and human compassion is very evident. Notice this the next time you hear a GB member speak. Nothing spiritually uplifting at all. Just self- important rambling and guilt-tripping.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I haven't heard Morris speak (at least not much), so I can't comment on him, but I have heard other GB members speak, and I can tell you they have bad grammar. Even worse is the fact that JW literature, which should be proofread, is filled with bad grammar, bad logic, poor reasoning, poor flow of meaning, etc. I have thousands of examples saved up. In a fairly recent letter from the GB in a Watchtower mag, there is an awful error that I can't believe was not caught by any GB members or proofreaders.

They have no business trying to explain subtle intricacies of Koine Greek when they can't get the basics of their native language right.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Watching the AM with my wife and Tony says,"Alls I know is. . . ."

My wife turns to me and says,"Alls I know? What language is that?"

Between his bizzare stream-of-unconsciousnews style and slurred speech, he sounds like he's half in the bag.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Magnum - "They have no business trying to explain subtle intricacies of Koine Greek when they can't get the basics of their native language right."

* snicker *

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

.............and Morris is prob one of the better speakers.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousofChange - ".............and Morris is prob one of the better speakers."

Yeesh.

If Lett and Morris are the WTS's best public face...

• hoser
    hoser

Tony Morris tends to ramble on quite a bit and bounce from one thing to another. To me it seems like he has ADD or some other similar disorder. Maybe some Ritalin will help him out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What do you expect from someone that is not very educated and also believes that he is appointed by God to run his "only true religion" on Earth.

• millie210
    millie210

I think the G.B. are some of the worst speakers I have ever heard.

Many of the "plain ole regular brothers" far excel them in speaking.

I guess you dont have much to prove if you are partway in to heaven?

Or better guess, they are trying to imitate Franz. He was known for not having notes and speaking impromptu and that was all part of the greatness (cough, cough) so they (like the impostors they are) try to speak impromptu and tell their lame little jokes.

They are legends in their own minds.

I was much more impressed with them before I saw and heard them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit