In your opinion: What is the average IQ of the Governing Body?

by LogCon 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LogCon
    LogCon

I don't know if this question has been asked before,

BUT, IN ANY CASE,

based on the comments of the Governing Body, at various conventions, annual meetings , info-mmercials, etcetara, etcetara, etcetera, [ I loved Yule Brenner in The King and I],

what do you think the average IQ of the Governing Body is?

Comments on individual IQ's of Morris III, Herd, etcetara, etcetara, etcetara are welcome.

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

I can only say one thing about this - it's absolutely clear that someone else is running the actual business (unless they are actually doing much worse financially than we would guess).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Their average is below average, to be sure!

That being said, if they got rid of Stephen Lett, their average would get a huge boost!

That guy is sofa king stew pit, I can't believe it.

• cofty
    cofty

My impression of what I have seen onine is that they are not intelligent.

• Terry
    Terry

What do you call a doctor who practices medicine withou a license and who never attended medical school?

Quack

Dangerous

That is the problem with Jehovah's Witness leaders.

They are Quacks.

They are Amateur theologians.

They have no education in counseling.

The blind are leading the blind and both actually imagine themselves to be competent and equipped for every good work.

This is hubris, plain and simple.

• NotNew
    NotNew

They range from 85-115 on average. I would be surprised if anyone on them were above 115. This does not make them stupid...or evil they are smart enough to chose how they want to be. They are in a position to see it all... so they are more accountable for there their choice.

There average IQ does allow them to realize the need to hire someone else to tell them what to do :)

SW

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

My personal experience with Hi IQ people: The higher the IQ the less likely they are to act like they are superior or have all the answers. The least intelligent of my aquaintances are impressed with themselves and what they THINK they know.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Lett 95

splane 117

anthony the turd 120

loesch 110

herd 107

sanderson 125

jackson 122

I bet I am close

avg 114

the reason I scored them so high is they have got to be somewhat analytical to pull off this long term shift in doctrine, policy and development. Still not a pack of geniuses.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

About 115. They have to be atleast a S.D. over normal

• Quendi
    Quendi

A person's IQ in no way indicates fitness for an office. I certainly saw that while living in Boulder, Colorado. Of the nine city council members, three held Ph.Ds. Yet they were among the most foolish people I have ever seen in government. They passed all kinds of outlandish ordinances and refused to listen to common sense solutions to problems. The council was composed of elitists who injected their thinking into international questions of the day while passing over some pressing problems dealing with inequality and huge income disparity right under their noses.

Let's not forget that highly educated and intelligent people have proposed, carried out, and cooperated with all kinds of crimes and injustices which have been perpetuated throughout history as well. It is a mistake to believe that if these kind of people were in charge, the world would be in much better shape than it currently is. This is not to say that they shouldn't seek office or high position, but only that we should be aware that they are fallible human beings like everyone else and have their own weaknesses and faults.

With respect to the Governing Body, I doubt that if well-schooled and highly intelligent men were in charge the organization would be much different from what it currently is. Intelligent men have heard the siren song of power before and not turned a deaf ear to it but have gladly embraced it. Being a member of the WTS ruling elite gives these individuals considerable power and glory. They are ably assisted by a legal and writing department which have some smart people in those positions. Some have pointed out these people are the ones really in control but they prefer the cloak of anonymity which enables them to operate very effectively, using the Governing Body as figureheads. Whatever the situation, I think it is a mistake to equate high intelligence with some kind of superiority. History has shown that such a correlation does not exist and that when placed in the nexus of power, many very intelligent people behave no better than their supposedly lesser-brained contemporaries.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit