New explanation of Gog of Magog: Two Gogs?

by leaving_quietly 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oh my Gog!

They're totally lost without Crazy Freddie Franz.

His ideas were whacked to be sure, but at least they made some kinda' sense. That, and they were interesting.

These guys are just boring, dull, insipid and clearly uninspired!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's been my understanding that Gog OF Magog and Gog AND Magog always had a slightly different identity, just as the Wild Beast of Revelation and the IMAGE of the Wild Beast are different.

Sorry. I'm afraid I just don't give a sh$t enough to go look it up and quote it here.

Doc

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Look at the "Gog of Magog" bit in the Noolit "God's Kingdumb" book - still says it is Satan as afar as I can tell...

• kaik
    kaik

Russell used to say that Magog represented Caucasian Christians who were nominal in their worship of Jesus, but not good Christian in their heart. Studies in the Scripture: "Magog was the descendant of Japheth. (Gen. 10:2.) Europe was peopled by his descendants, and it was to them that the Gospel call of the Age now ending was by Divine appointment sent. (Acts 16:6, 9.) The Gospel was sent into Europe that it might be demonstrated that God could call and make into Christlike characters representatives of even the most cruel, bloodthirsty, quarrelsome, rapacious people on earth." In other words, it was Christian societies that disagree with the teaching of the pastor.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Oh my Gog.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

good gog Charlie Brown!

• minimus
    minimus

I thought Gog of was satan and Gog and were the nations.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Do these sanctimonious paedophile protectors sit around a table and decide what utter pigswill comes next?

Do they realise the average JW has no idea what the new light(tm) is and neither do they care?

The new light(tm) is simply to make the JWs feel special and make them want to give more money to the holy holy holy governing body godhead.

Give generously. The GB need new tin foil hats.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There are actually two Gogs.

As it was explained at the annual meeting, just think of the two Bush Presidents, George H.W. Bush (the father) and George W. Bush (the son). They both have the name Bush but are two separate Bushes.

Same with the Pliny's back in Ancient Rome. You had Pliny the Elder (the uncle) and Pliny the Younger (the nephew).

So it makes sense and we now have a clearer understanding that there are two Gogs: The "Ezekiel" Gog, and then later the "Revelation" Gog. Although, as it was pointed out, at this moment their relationship to each other is not totally clear (father/son, grandfather/grandson, uncle/nephew, etc.).

Rub a Dub

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, gogdammit, make up your minds, this is a life and death matter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit