Worker falls from KH roof during quick build

by piztjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

In at least one RBC area a novel system is deployed that comprises a removable barrier for roof renovations. catches the sliders before they go over the edge and requirw a pay-out.

JWs were dumb to fall for doctrines based on THE fall, eager to work on weekends rather than do the dumb D2D "work" but not volonteers to experience zero gravity for a second.

In another area a volonteer equipment operator fell onto rebars protruding out of concrete. No wonder jesus declined Satan's offer to levitate off the temple.

Many sliders are caught here for a softer landing.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Deuteronomy 22:8

8 If you build a new house, make a railing around your roof, so that you don’t bring bloodguilt on your house if someone falls from it.

• whathappened
    whathappened

NeverKnew: that scripture immediately came to my mind also!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

This is a severe sore point for me.

I have known so many great JW's over the years.

One of the most sincerest, dedicated, compassionate elders, whom I would be beyond to call a friend, was severely injured because of KH BS. (He was injured to the extent whereby his hemoglobin reached a staggering 2.0 - an amazing survival story.)

I, and he, belonged to old-school JW's, where you actually stood by your friends, and did terrific things for each other.

I did many, many, things for him, and I still revere his children, and his parents (who were both truly anointed - and loved me and my family, and we them).

Many on this board have mocked his grandchild and family's photo on this board at a 2014 convention.

I understand why, but I would ask, please do not mock or criticize the individual.

There are so many good hearts - but, please, mocking them will never reach those hearts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Was there no scaffolding and safety rail ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is the one time a JW SHOULD have considered the things behind.

Poor fellah.

Blondie has some interesting questions.............

Who is legally responsible for safety on the construction site: congregation, WTS?

Does OSHA exempt religious organizations for not maintaining safety? (no)

The WTS is self-insured but do they convince jws that it is wrong to sue the WTS?

Will a jw's personal health insurance cover them if they are injured/killed on a volunteer job?

I don't know the answers but can you see the WBT$ paying a penny???

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

ask the fire dept

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

@berrygerry >> "...and his parents (who were both truly anointed)..."

Hmmm, I think not. Truly dillusional, undoubtably. Truly demented, probably.

• KateWild
    KateWild

My heart goes out to the guy who fell and his family. It's sad there is no more news about him. Typical WT hush it up. Kate xx

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Tik.

Truly anointed if anyone is.

Lived life for the betterment of their fellowman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit