Worker falls from KH roof during quick build

by piztjw 25 Replies latest jw friends

• piztjw
    piztjw

I heard through the grapevine that one of the slave laborers was walking backwards on the roof of the Falls City, Nebraska quick build this weekend and fell of the roof. I heard he landed on his back and head and sustained some pretty serious injuries.

Anyone in that area that might provide more information? Extent of injury? Name? Will he be "kicked to the curb", "thrown under the bus" or any other typical JW responses for their own?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Nothing in the Falls City Journal....although I'm sure it's been kept quiet if indeed it happened.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

i was given the job of safety officer at our quickbuild. the brother in charge said how important it is to respect the safety regulations.

in practice, most of the self important, "craftsmen"on the build were very disagreeable and never respect

ed the safety rules. they were an exempt!. i often thought that i would have prefered working with "worldly"people.

• piztjw
    piztjw

I have seen the total lack of respect for indiviuals safety, or compliance with best practices safety regulations by workers slaves at quick builds also. Usually the most blatant offenders were the "big wheels" in charge. Hypocrites!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

My brother in law had a near thing happen to him at a project. He's one of those "ready and willing" types, so of course, he gets overly taken advantage of.

Back in the days of food service at the assemblies, I saw young kids trying to show how macho they were by lifting very heavy bundles of canned sodas. Good luck getting the "Friends" to pay for that hernia, junior....

• blondie
    blondie

There are some questions:

Who is legally responsible for safety on the construction site: congregation, WTS?

Does OSHA exempt religious organizations for not maintaining safety? (no)

The WTS is self-insured but do they convince jws that it is wrong to sue the WTS?

Will a jw's personal health insurance cover them if they are injured/killed on a volunteer job?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

He listened, Obeyed and was Blessed when the holy spirit pushed him off the roof..

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I shudder to think at some of the unsafe working conditions that were allowed to develop on QBs and at bethel construction I worked on in the 80s &90s.

WorkSafe would close these sites and charges would be laid, if it happened today.

In Australia it is illegal to work at heights without fall protection. No worker should be able to fall off a roof in the first instance.

If a worksite is unsafe, then WorkSafe (Govt. Authority) can close the site immediately and charges are levied against the owners / managers. The penalties are onerous. Heavy fines and imprisonment, especially in the case of injuries or fatalities.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

He fell off the roof at Falls City?

Sorry.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

No he will get an insurance settlement

a freind of mine got $65,000 from the WTS insurance company after falling off a roof and breaking his leg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit