"Christians Are Leaving Christianity by the Droves"

by designs 69 Replies latest social current

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I was raised a JW, now I am a Baptist.

• designs
    designs

Do you see young people coming in to the Faith, do young people convert.

• metatron
    metatron

"leaving by the droves"?

Hearsay. I'm surprized at you skeptics.

Please post some hard numbers: how many, where, etc.

metatron

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes and No---The young people I see who come in are typically married, and they come in together at the same time. I would say that quite a few young people leave, but eventually come back. There are not alot of mass conversions, but just here and there. When they do leave the church it is usually for one of the same denomination that just happens to have more contemporary music.

• designs
    designs

JG- Do you see comparisons between the JWs and Baptists in terms of born-ins where maybe half stay with the religion of their birth and the others move on.

Met- What do you see in your area in Church attendence. Here those over 40 are Church goers but the young are not following their parents choices.

• jgnat
  • DJS
    DJS

"Outside of god there is no moral standard of right and wrong?" That's pure BS garbage and absolutely and completely not supported by the facts. Please provide rational comments or avoid the keyboard. We have provided voluminous data over the past year which clearly illustrates that the more atheistic and secular a state, region or nation is the more functional it is likely to be.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I am not really sure how to answer your question but I will try. Most born in Baptists usually leave over one or 2 things, usually it involves alcohol and partying. These kids want to leave home and party and drink---and they usually come back later on after they are all partied out. Many also tend to find other churches that are more stiff in their worship style--the kind where everything is planned out, and nothing is impromptu.

It seems like most JW's leave for so many varied reasons, too numerous to name!

Statistic wise, I can't say who has the greater number of born ins who leave vs. the amount that eventually return.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

i think they are leaving because the church is watering down the bible in order to appeal to many lifestyles that the bible doesnt support.Hardcore christians are getting sick of an ever changing message plus living in the time period we live in science has rendered the bible just about moot.Say what you want about muslims they stand by there religious convictions they dont try to be all pc like christians.

• designs
    designs

I know some people through business that attend the Saddleback mega-Church in Orange County California. Pastor Rick Warren. It tries to be the all in one Church and has programs for Day Care, Food Bank and more. Don't know the attendence numbers or turn over rate. It is Conservative on Beliefs so it has been against LGBT marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit