Watchtower circulation jumps up!

by factfinder 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mana11
    mana11

my family used to have a big burn up each month,,, jesus they took awhile to burn!, about 180 issues each month!

one of my return visit yoused to get several copies of each,,, said she was giving them away to others to share,,, then one day i caught here as i arrived in the back kitchen door lighting the fire in the range,,, lol,,, we had a good laugh and i took around a box full the next day... she was too happy.... sharing is such a pleasant thing to do at times...

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

These figures are for the public edition of WT. I am not surprised. These magazines are being used for Metropolitan and cart/trolley witnessing. I would expect similar increase for the Awake also.

People are picking them up out of interest, like any brochure or newspaper you pick when you are walking and talking on the phone, then you realise you don’t need it and then throw it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

With just a monthly public Watchtower and monthly Awake, it now covers a distribution time that two editions of the Watchtower and Awakes used to, so it would make sense that it is far higher than the past. Add to that it is now being left in the streets on trolleys for free pick up. I couldn't find any print numbers on the study edition? That must have dropped off dramatically since it became an internal only magazine, and even more so now JWs are encouraged to download it instead.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

expect it to increase more over the coming months and years. All those who said they were reducing are and will be proven wrong.

December 2012 the month before they did go from 32 to 16 pages the number of printed copies was 42 million in 195 languages now almost 53 million copies in 225 languages

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@jwfacts there never were print numbers in the study edition

• sir82
    sir82

That's funny, we just got a semi-nasty letter addressed to our congregation - the number of magazines placed is far less (by like 40%) than the number ordered each month, so they kindly request us to reconsider how many magazines we are ordering.

So the number printed may be increasing, but the number actually read? Steady or declining. Probably merely 1 in 10 of the printed number is even opened, much less read.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm so pleased the numbers are increasing.....further proof that jehovah does exist--and the jw's are the one true religion.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

With just a monthly public Watchtower and monthly Awake, it now covers a distribution time that two editions of the Watchtower and Awakes used to, so it would make sense that it is far higher than the past. Add to that it is now being left in the streets on trolleys for free pick up. I couldn't find any print numbers on the study edition? That must have dropped off dramatically since it became an internal only magazine, and even more so now JWs are encouraged to download it instead.

A great point, paul. If the circulation hasn't doubled since they switched from two magazines a month to one, then it really should be interpreted as a decline.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

in my area I have seen copies dumped in local trash bins just yards from the trolley brigade....

• factfinder
    factfinder

They printed 108 million mags per month in 2012. If you subtract the public w and the g, it leaves over 17 million for the study edition. If g went up a lot too like the w, I'd expect about 1.5 billion mags were printed during the 2014 service year.

Since the simplified w is also in a few more languages the study edition printing must also have increased.

sir82- I'm sure the gb does want congs to decrease the amount they order. The gb looks to cut the printing budget more and more each year, so they can siphon off more money for themselves somehow.

But they want more pioneers, more pubs going door to door- then there will have to be a bigger demand for mags and lit to place at the doors.

Da.Furious- good point. A lot of people must be grabbing copies of the mags and books from those carts just to have something to look at since they are free. But the wts wants as many people as possible to be exposed to the mags so it serves its purpose.

jwfacts- good point. Each monthly issue has a larger print run as they are being used for the entire month. Still, the total monthly printing of all editions is higher now than it was when 4 issues were being placed door to door each month.

The coupon on page 16 for the Teach book indicates how eager they are to get rid of the current editions. For the past 2 years they encouraged you to download the copy from the website, now they have a coupon you can mail in for a printed copy so they can replace them with the new revised ones, which truly will contain what the Bible REALLY teaches. I guess the editions up to now don't contain what the Bible REALLY teaches after all, unless the Bible has changed its teachings! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit