Watchtower circulation jumps up!

by factfinder 24 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

The Jan. 1, 2015 w shows an updated printing of 52,946,000 copies each issue in 228 languages.

This is an increase of 7,002,000 copies per issue over last year, this is the biggest increase I have seen in the printing of the w per issue for any one year. Thus, including the study edition over 70 million copies of the w are now being printed each month.

I wonder if Awake! had a similar increase?

Printing is definately going up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is an increase of 7,002,000 copies per issue over last year, this is the biggest increase I have seen in the printing of the w per issue for any one year.

..................................................95% of all WBT$ Literature..

...........................Ends up in Storage at JW Homes or in a Garbage Dump..

......A SPECIAL NEWS REPORT .................................................THE WBT$....

................FROM JW.ORG..............................GENERATED MORE GARBAGE THAN LAST YEAR!..

..............................................................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They're probably counting downloads from jw.org. wasn't there something that said you could count it as a placement if you email someone a pdf of an entire magazine? Why wouldn't they follow their own rules when they count circulation? This cult certainly isn't above a little creative accounting.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall most of the magaizines that were brought home for placement eventaully ended up in the garabage and most of the ones that we did place probably ended up there to.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They prabably did so so they can say how much the Borg is growing, lies lies and more lies.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It will be interesting to see if there were increases in pubs and pioneers.

I'm sure a lot of mags do get thrown away, of course most magazines of any kind do too, eventually.

OneEyedJoe- the figure was just the number that they print, not the number placed by publishers. I have never seen it jump up by so much in one year. Of course the gb may not be happy due to the extra expense of having to print so many more magazines.

There is also a small coupon on the back offering the Teach book. First time in 2 years they printed a coupon to send for a book instead of just downloading it at jw.org.

• Listener
    Listener

We should be expecting them to have an increase. When they reduced the number of pages they said that this would allow them to transalte it into more languages. The increase would be due to the mags being printed in new langauges and being made available to individuals who would not have been recieving them before.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Listener- good point. The w is in 228 langs now.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

So, an 11.5% increase within a year.

So, logically, there should be a corresponding increase in members, from 8,000,000 to some 8,920,000 within a year.

Guess time will tell.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

how many languages before?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit