Melbourne's Herald Sun -- "confessions of a Jehovah's Witness"

by MrMonroe 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Strait and to the point nice.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Spot on! The more non-JWs educated about JWs, the better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jRcwGhMig&list=UUnXY0-N67N4a5a8eKbar-iw

• smiddy
    smiddy

I will be interested to see how many are baptised at this convention , and I wonder how many were from door to door witnessing , or how many are children of jehovahs witness parents.

it should indicate just how effective their door to door ministry is.

Compare the seventh Day Adventists with a similar membership that originated about the same time .

Or the Church of Jesus Christ of The Latter Day Saints which boasts more members although originating a few years earlier.

Neither of these two groups do door to door witnessing like the witnesses do , yet they have similar if not more success in gaining converts than jehovahs witnesses.

smiddy

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Channel 9 news tonight reported that 570 will be baptised tomorrow... Over 65,000 attended today....

• Fernando
    Fernando

Another very well written model that could be followed in many other cities by those so inclined...

I'm feeling a little inspired...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It also appears at http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/former-jehovahs-witness-lifts-lid-on-stifling-doomobsessed-religion/story-fnihsrk2-1227092933457

The article led to 3AW doing an interview with me to discuss the topics of shunning and that Jehovah's witnesses believe they alone have the truth and everyone eise will soon die at Atmageddon.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I certainly can resonate with a lot of what he said. I remember knocking on doors hopeing they wouldn't be home. I hated witnessing, and the only reason I done it was because of social pressure and not wanting to be looked down upon. I to now feel foolish that i was trying to convince the unsuspecting public about a religion that had so crap about it on the internet.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

That's a great article, written just right. Just enough in there to stir up any doubts that an active JW might have without setting off the "appostate" alarm bells. They don't make any accusations except for the revisionist history, and most dubs know of at least one instance of that (1914). The fact that it also seems to be aimed at the general public, not active JWs, it provides yet another excuse for the doubting JW to read it - I want to see what the public is being told about us (to use in my ministry, of course!).

Plus it also makes JWism sound like miserable drudgery to the public (which, of course, it is) and will add just a little more to the public apathy towards the cult.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The convention has made the national news broadcasts- mainly focusing on

the happy by-product of any convention- the fact that there will be doorknocking

this weekend.

The brother interviewed was asked to comment on that, and he said

"no you can all sleep in this saturday, but come monday we will be back out there"

OH JOY! (we all groan).

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats the real "truth" right there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit