JW.ORG REPORTS THE WATCHTOWER RESPONSE TO EBOLA

by NAVYTOWN 26 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

We may fault the WTBTS for many things, but this shouldn't be one of them. At least they gave some direction for safety reasons. If you didn't read the article, for the picture a little farther down, the caption reads:

As a precaution, a Witness family cooperates with an area quarantine in Dolo’s Town, a community east of Monrovia, Liberia. The quarantine was lifted on September 8, 2014

So, for anyone saying they're encouraging D2D and meetings, that isn't exactly true. Seems like they're asking for cooperation with whatever the government says in this matter. Let's not paint WTBTS as being bad in this case. It's not like WTBTS has any more experience with how to handle with Ebola than anyone else.

Now, how much you believe of this article is up to you, but this part was noteworthy:

In Sierra Leone, an announcement aired on a local radio station outlining how Jehovah’s Witnesses helped their members and non-Witnesses in the community to avoid the Ebola virus.

So, fault them for what you want. In this case, I cannot.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is sick. The virus is quasi airborne via saliva droplets, with health workers who were in full protective equipment contracting the virus anyways, and after all that the best the WT can do is to have a hand washing station like its some great thing? Of course that is better than nothing, but the fact that they are encouraging people, some likely infected to meet together in tight quarters is irresponsible. Anyone is stupid to trust the WT now after what happened in the Typhoon Haiyan in the Phillipines. They were still holding meetings when the Island was under warning and died in the KH. However the sheeple will continue to believe the elders or GB have a clue.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wasn't it a JW who first contracted Ebola?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Jehoobie's solution? Kill somebody- as many as possible until the situation disappears.

That is always what happens. The world of disease and starvation will be gone forever once he has killed every last one of the diseased and starving.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have been told by a source in Bethel that an upcoming Kingdom Ministry will have a Service Meeting part with sample presentations on how Witnesses with Ebola can preach to the those providing the medical care.

Apparently the elder assigned with the part will sit while reading several scriptures to the "householder" who is wearing a mask with full medical attire.

Rub a Dub

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW.ORG REPORTS THE WATCHTOWER RESPONSE TO EBOLA'

................The WBT$ Invented Gravy.......................................................................The WBT$ Will Find A Cure for Ebola..

............................................................................................................. http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

leaving_quietly, My problem about this is how the witnesses do a little good and then, feel the need to brag about it. The only reason we know about this is due to the fact that they produced a press release... to brag about it.

From any Christian religion, I would expect this type of thing to be "understood". Social needs such as theses should be a primal concern for any organization that claim to render a public service for their fellow citizens. However, charity is generally so out of character for Jehovah's witnesses that they need to tell the planet as soon as they help out with simply instructing people on how to prevent a contagious and very dangerous disease.

If they had written about it on their website under a charity section, listing in details how they take actions and spend which founds to help people in immediate needs, than, I would be speechless on that topic and I would focus solely on the theological tyranny they preach.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Isn't widespread disease part of what would be happening in "THE END" ? On one hand they are looking forward to the end and often giddy with delight when any thing like this happens. Then on the other hand they are trying to thwart the progress of it with bleach water.

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if there are any cases of someone being a carrier of Ebola without showing signs of illness, like Typhoid Mary was. Imagine if it was a JW who was a carrier, unwittingly spreading the virus while Spreading The Good News Of The Kingdom™.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Imagine if it was a JW who was a carrier, unwittingly spreading the virus while Spreading The Good News Of The Kingdom™.....Scully

....................How many JWs go to a WBT$ JW Meeting or WBT$ JW Assembly,"SICK"?!..

.........................................................................A LOT..

.....................................One Sick JW Could Start A New (Ebola) Black Plague..

........................................................................................................... http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit