JW.ORG REPORTS THE WATCHTOWER RESPONSE TO EBOLA

by NAVYTOWN 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

It is a sad commentary when the media has to B'Cast that a charitable Org helped non-members in the community.You don't hear or see them B'Cast about other charitable groups like the Red Cross, Sally-Ann,R.C. etc.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@ecan6, I wholeheartedly agree with you from that perspective.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The solution to this "al[l ]obe[y]" (Ebola spelled backward with a few missing letters added back in) is the same as it was for tuberculosis. Go door to door, catch tuberculosis at one door, spread it to the whole car group, and spread tuberculosis to other people by going to their doors. And I might add that tuberculosis is a lot easier to spread than al[l ]obe[y].

• truthlover
    truthlover

In the book - Our Ministry - I think it is - there are Q & A in the back of the book and one of those answers covers illnesses -that no one who love their brothers and sisters would come to a KH while contagious or sick.. wonder where that thought all went seeing that Ebola seems to be air borne now that the people getting sick and dont know how they caught it, seeing they were wearing hazmat type equipment and suited up.

This will, no doubt, get out of hand in NA seeing that people make big mistakes, lie as to their travel arrangements- flying out of one ebola infested country to another " safe", clean country -- THEN coming into the NA continent.... hospitals and training is lax, in Canada, US, Mexico - and some who have been in contaminated areas see no wrong in walking among us without notifying medical personnell that they have been in contact with ebola or ebola patients. case in point is the U S news lady who refused to report to authorities and stayed in the public areas.

What a way to wipe out an enemy????? and believe me -- I WOULD NOT be going D2d........

• apostrate
    apostrate

Remember, the message that JW's carry is a virus, in and of itself, and it is HIGHLY contagious! Be sure to wear protective clothing when one must come into contact with a JW.

• apostrate
    apostrate

The Watchtower, January 1, 1942 page 5 says:

The Watchtower does not consist of men's opinions.

The Golden Age, March 18, 1931 Page 404 says:

Do you know the germ theory has never been proven? And it cannot be proven, either. If it had been proven, it would not be a theory. It has been truly said that knowledge without evidence is superstition, and that applies to the germ theory also. It is a leftover superstition of a past age, when men feared that the earth was inhabited with hideous monsters that were hiding everywhere, in the air, in the sea, in the darkness, etc., always ready to jump out and devour him or make life otherwise miserable for him......We have turned from a gigantic monster theory, to the germs, which are so small that we cannot hear, see, feel, smell, or taste them.

So, this is what Jehovahs spirit directed them to write, huh? And, of course, we know that Jehovah does not change! So, be comforted in knowing that this whole ebola thing is just mans crazy superstition!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

1931, during the time when polio was so active that schools closed.

How incredibally responsible ( ugh) of the WT to deny germs during that time, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit