Frieking Bethel Heavies/COs and their second rings!

by lambsbottom 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Dude, every picture I see of any Bethel heavies or GB members (a lot of COs also) have them wearing a second huge gold ring! This is a clear sign of "hey I'm a bigshot!" You just dont see that in interviews of celebrities or politicials. One wedding ring is standard. Two is a sign of prominence or pretending your prominent. Just a social thing. Bunch of narcissists.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yup, the sad thing is that one mustn't look far to find a WT article that includes wearing gold rings in it's criticism of Christendom's clergy.

• toweragent
    toweragent

Where else are the rank and file to kiss them?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Toweragent - I bet you can figure out where else the rank and file can kiss them . . . .

• Incognito
    Incognito

Maybe each of the GB receive their own I'D ring. This could be similar to the Masonic rings Master Mason's wear to signify their degree and indicate their solidarity to the brotherhood.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It IS weird.

See this thread I started on the same subject a couple of months ago:

How to Wear a Pinkie Ring, by Stephen Lett, Governing Body Member

-

SLETT

They're all going bling crazy!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Rings aren't necessarily that expensive, and could be inherited or received as gifts.

In some cultures it is quite common for men to wear rings like that.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is Lett flashing an Illuminati symbol??

DD

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm ok with a man wearing a watch and his wedding band. Anything beyond that, looks cheesy, tacky, and low class. Like a Calvin & Hobbs pissing sticker type of low class. Like a leisure suit and white platform shoes. Like a hairpiece or a combover. It's like a stupid union boss, gets a second riiing. Two gold rings are just IIIIIIICK. If you have money, buy a really nice watch and leave it at that, ok?

• Divergent
    Divergent

Lord of the Rings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit