Today's WT study (10/12/14) - a sales seminar!

by OneEyedJoe 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This cult is getting really shameless. The WT study was always supposed to be for discussion of 'the deep truths' of the bible. The WT may have always been filled with utter nonsense, but at least it had the appearance of a topical discussion of bible doctrine. Today is the first time that I've ever seen the WT study turn into a sales meeting.

From paragraph 7 onwards it's all about how to use the new tracts to indoctrinate people. One recommended presentation is quite bold, they say to ask the question on the cover, then upon receiving an answer you should open the tract while saying "here's what the bible says." The article says to have a bible in your hand when preaching, but only read from the tract when you need to find out "what the bible says"

They've always been pretty shameless about the service meeting being a sales seminar, but at least they (more or less)called a spade a spade. This is just ridiculous doing this in the WT study. Am I right that this is a first, or was I just not paying attention before I woke up to ttatt?

There have been some gems in the comments though. My favorite so far:"its so easy - we don't even have think!" To which the conductor replied - "and thats a good thing, isn't it! . I couldn't make this crap up!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

As I sat in the KH listening to the comments this morning, I have a gut feel that the purpose of today's study is just a lead up showing how important the tracts are which will lessen the shock when it becomes evident that the mags will at some point not be placed with the public as a cost savings.

Sour Grapes

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah , that's a great observation...I get the same feeling too. Many on JWN have theorized that they're going to get rid of the watchtower for the public, and just use the awakes due to all the baggage the WT name caries publicly. It looks like they may have stumbled upon an even better solution by replacing the magazines with tracts.

They're tiny and therefore way cheaper, they have NO brand name at all (many would still recognize the awake even if its without the WT) so the hh has no idea who they're dealing with till they scan the qr code.

Now the r/f won't have to come up with a new presentation every month, just use the same presentation for every tract - they're oh-so-proud of the fact that all the tracts use the exact same presentation.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

when i was a literature servant a few years ago i made a point of placing tracts in prominent view on a display rack i had made. i always referred to the tracts as little bullets and spiritual handshakes as they were ideal for getting points home in brief and without the bumf of the mags....i would not be surprised if tracts eventually replace to some degree the mags.....as tracts can be adapted to news and world events easier..incidentally in the latest wt mags the inside cover blurb which used to announce the kingdome..and....point to the soon to be kingdom..now is reduced to a small bland paragraph...

• paladin
    paladin

The WT$ is just a publishing house with regular weekly sales meetings tailor-made for the members.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Today is International Moment of Frustration Scream Day....rather apt for all faders who have to sit through this madness.

The nutjobs in charge are no doubt rubbing their hands in glee at how easily all these changes are being accepted, Jah sure is doling out the 'blessings' thick n fast these days :/

One Last Kiss x

• compound complex
    compound complex

As Fred Franz pointed out [reference needed], before Bibles became part of the package, the corporation was called Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276381

• All for show
    All for show

So dreadfully boring. Horrible. The circular reasoning abounded.

Highlight of the day, getting home my spouse asked me " what's with all this urgency to preach, why don't we focus on our families and love"

one tiny step closer....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Recruit till you puke!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's funny (in the sad way) how you see it so clearly when you wake up. We all sat thru these sort of meetings where it just doesnt quite sit right, but couldnt connect the dots...

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit