Do we know for sure what happens after death?

by Yondaime 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Christian denominations say we go to heaven, witnesses say we stay alseep until the ressurection. Quran says when we go we get 72 virgins, unless we blow some people up.

I'm not really concerned with death atm, I'm not dead. But being an atheist gives me an internal conflict.

I want to have faith in god but I don't see any evidence that proves he exists. Neither do I see evidence that proves whether he is the god of Abraham (Yah-Weh) or the god of Muhammed (Allah).

These documents written by people who lived millenniums ago were passed down and modified by others to produce whatever texts we have today.

Can I really trust any of these documents? What if they were interpreted wrong?

No one can prove these docs are correct without referring to those documents or to their own interpretations of those documents. If I ask the elders what they think they will just tell me to go read a WT or Awake article on Watchtower Liexists?

Thinking about this makes my head feel like its about to explode.

Will we know whether a higher being exists or not, once we die?

Do we know what happens after death?

Will we ever find out?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The only thing anyone can say for sure is that we should make this life count.

• Mum
    Mum

You're getting yourself too worked up. Relax. No one can know what happens after death. There are many "life after life" experiences on record, experiences in which people were clinically dead and saw dead relatives, etc. It cannot be confirmed whether or not these experiences were real or hallucination. Others have clinically died and reported simply not being conscious.

There are many things we don't know or understand. Read the great philosophers and thinkers, and reach your own conclusions. Best wishes on your quest.

• Gregor
    Gregor

".....for sure..."?

If your talking about remains, yes. The body decays and bones, teeth and hair can last for centuries.

If you are referring to our "soul" that is just speculation and a handy tool for those who want to exploit you while alive to do as they say.

Some say that even if it isn't true, it can give people comfort to believe there is an afterlife.

Sorry, but I'm not into a fantasy world.

I agree with the comment above " The only thing anyone can say for sure is that we should make this life count."

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Here is the evidence for life after death:

Thousands of years ago, some people wrote down that it was possible. These people also reported talking snakes and fish that could swallow a man.

Some people who were close to death report that they saw a bright light and had the impression they were floating.

Some people claim they talk to the dead.

I don't know about you, but I don't find that compelling evidence. Live your life with no regrets and don't worry about it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Do we know for sure what happens after death?

I think we are dead. Death is not a transition to another life - it is the end. So, live your life as if it is the only time you have, because it is.

• Fernando
    Fernando

@Yondaime

"I want to have faith in god but I don't see any evidence that proves he exists."

According to Romans 10:17, and according to my personal experience, Faith (a wide opening of higher dimensions and realities to our spiritual eyes) is a "free gift" that results from setting aside religion, and instead sincerely pursuing the map (hidden in plain sight throughout scripture), which is known variously as:

• the 5 solas (of the reformation)
    • the liberating gospel of grace
    • the plan/message/map of salvation
    • the plan/message/map of liberation
    • the plan/message/map of reconciliation
    • the plan/message/map of restoration
    • imputed righteousness (justification)
    • imputed holiness (sanctification)
    • bissar (in Hebrew), injil/injeel (in Arabic/Urdu/Quran)

None of the priceless "free gifts" attached to this plan/message/map can be earned, deserved or paid for. This creates a very level playing field that anyone can choose to step onto at any time, without reference to any human/s or organisation/s.

By the way, this plan/message/map was revealed to Abraham who was not a Jew, Christian, or Muslim, although all these groups see him as their earthly spiritual father.

Abraham was also not a religionist.

Some reading that may help (in the Message Bible): Romans, Introduction to Galatians, Galatians.

Best wishes on life's journey.

Fernando

• race andros
    race andros

I would like to help if you will let me. First you need to open your eyes a little wider, and do your home work. Don't let ignorant people continue to influence your thinking. Many have let deception take away there hope, they know not what they do. I am not open to what I know will come from disclosure here, so please, if interested, we can Im, Pm, Fm... whats it called. Learning ttatt broke my heart. Im still not to clear about scripture, but Im convinced that Christ exists. The evidence is overwhelming, I dont understand why so many can't see it, its all around us. Look in the right place, persevere, and dont give room to cowardice. I will send you a link or more, if you choose blindness, no need to respond, Ive already heard it all.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

We enter in the same state before birth.

But everything that ever existed is carved in the very fabric of spacetime.

It's possible (in the future) to a high advanced civilization to be able to scan the spacetime (possibly through a kind of quantum entanglement) and bring back the configuration (like a high definition 3D model) of everything including brains (in subatomic detail) and whatever.

If your entire body is scanned moments before your death it could be possible to create a perfect "clone" of you. The clone will be no different of you and will be no conscious in being a clone.

It's just like consider you're a different person after a general anesthesia or a deep dreamless sleep.

In the first person experience will be no time between your death and your "ressurrection". So it will appear as life after death.

The irony of this is that's scientifically possible unless we have an immortal soul. This conclusion is based on a materialistic view of the mind (like a software in hardware).

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yondaime, I have the same questions and no answers. I question whether there are beings higher than us and whether the Bible is true. I wonder whether there is some kind of existence after the death we experience here on earth. "Will we ever find out?" I hope so, but I don't have that many years left, so I hope it's soon if we do. In all honesty, I don't think we will find out for sure. I believe I will die disappointed and wondering.

race andro: Im convinced that Christ exists. The evidence is overwhelming, I dont understand why so many can't see it, its all around us.

Please, since the evidence is overwhelming and all around us, point me to one little piece of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit