"When you see the disgusting thing"... (let the reader use descernment)

by Ish Elon 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

No offense, Ish, but that is the worst interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream that I've ever heard. If the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not God's church -- if it is only a bunch of people who appointed themselves as God's faithful and discreet servant, then it stands to reason that the entire organization is way beneath God's prophetic radar. How do you know Daniel's not talking about the Seventh Day Adventists or William Miller?

Remember, no one in the Society ever had a revelation proclaiming them as God's organization, or church. Indeed, the WTBTS has always denied being a church; yet we know that Jesus organized his church because he said the gates of death would not prevail against it. So if the church ceased to be in the second or third century, then the Society, not being a church, cannot claim any authority. If the church did survive, the Society couldn't be it because it denies being a church. And it will disfellowship you if you visit a church of any type. Either way, they have zero claim on representing God.

Paul said that "no man taketh this honor" (meaning the authority to act in God's name) "unto himself, but he who is called of God as was Aaron."

So when did God "call" Russell and Rutherford? How was Aaron called? He was called of God through Moses, God's prophet and chief authority.

And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons.

-=Exodus 28:1=-

Moses' authority had already been established and he was sanctified of God. I see nothing in scripture or the WTBTS' own history that would indicate that anyone in the Society was ever called and ordained by God. Jesus said that at the last day, many would claim to be Christ's disciples, but that he would say, "Away with you. I never knew you." I suspect that both Russle and Rutherford now know better, as it can no longer be reasonably argued that the soul sleeps at death, and no longer exists.

The "disgusting thing" (better translated the abomination) could have been King Antiochus, but the timeframe is all wrong. Many have desecrated the temple, but the abomination of desolation not only was the Roman destruction of the temple, but more precisely, from a prophetic view, he's the Beast, or Gog, or the Antichrist, who desecrates God's third temple in Jerusalem. This has not yet happened.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I totally don't buy the OP, but, the latest thing to send JWs to Israel in 2015 is REALLY interesting. Where is Jerusalem? In Israel. Will JWs go to Jerusalem during this special preaching tour?

"Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place . . ." - Matt 24:15

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

You have ot discern the language use din those days.Revealtion uses hyperbole,symbolic metaphors to describe things. Mountians can represent rulers, authorities. Messiah has ruled sinc ethe 1st centruy .All things were fulfilled in the 1st centruy.He came back for those he told he would, he kept his promise. He dwells within man not things made of bricks and mortar.The prophecies were about the destruction of jerusalem and the temple. The great tribulation was fulfilled and never tobe seen again.Check out my yuotube channel seekchristonly

• steve2
    steve2

OMG! Surely not another small-time sect that gets saddled with huge scriptural significance?! Talk about stroking the ego of small mind Americana. Meanwhile religious groups numbering into the hundreds of millions, if not billion-plusers, whose grip on humanity over successive centuries get zilch referenced in crazy-minded Biblical prophecies.

There's something brain-defyingly stupid about interpretations that zero-in upon teeny tiny plankton and totally ignore the sperm whales coursing through them at blinding speeds.

Small minds....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit