Be Honest: Were You Ever Jealous When Someone Was Appointed a Pioneer, MS or Elder?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6_HJQOV1I

Not jealous. UNJUSTNESS like the monkey in the video.

If I do the same then the other monkeys, and get not the same reward - than it is unjustness.

Should the other monkeys do the tricks - I am out.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

I always think: Dont they have anything better to do? Something more fun or interesting? So no I am never jealous, have never been either.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Never jealous. Maybe it made me feel guilty that I wasn't doing enough.

• minimus
    minimus

Love he monkey video!šŸ˜Ŗ

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore

Never jealous. I never wanted any position, I hated even doing mikes. Thought I'd go for it once tho and did everything I was supposed to. No results. I was contemptuous of elder's sons who were always ministerial servants. I knew the only reason they were was because of nepotism. It was all a joke.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm with Magnum, I was shocked at some of the people appointed, not in comparison to me, in comparison to the "biblical"qualifications. Disgusting. It helped me to see the fact that the H. Spirit wasn't involved. If it was then God was an idiot.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ditto was Londo111 said.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Honestly ....NO....why should I be jealous of folks reaching out for more hours, that may be difficult to obtain or to add more pressure to themselves. They should be jealous of those who don't have that pressure. I have heard many of the pioneers say month after month, they are so behind in their hours, even the auxilary pioneers, find it hard to do 30 hours let alone 70 hours....it's like having a job. I'm ok just being a baptized publisher...if one month I'm able to do more then so be it. No one is going to bother you if your hours go up, but they will talk to you if they go down...so why pressure yourself...When the JW. org. campaign took off, almost half the congregation became auxilary pioneers...me, I didn't...I was happy & clapped for those who did....if I was jealous or felt guilty then I would have turned in my slip too. Some have different reasons for reaching out. Some even reach out as a substitute for not being loving to the friends...it's easier to be a pioneer, MS, elder, etc, then to love your brother....I'm like the widow, I do what I can...balance...so again, no jealousy here...just happy for those who do reach out & wish them well & hope they are not doing under pressure or guilt..

Legacy

• Londo111
    Londo111

When I was a ministerial servant, I never liked ā€œtaking the leadā€. Especially when Iā€™d to direct men and women several decades older than me in field service. It felt very unnatural.

The Watchtower claims ā€œapostatesā€ are envious of people having positions and want to take the lead. But what Iā€™ve found is that is the rhetoric of all authoritarian groups, not just the Watchtower.

• toweragent
    toweragent

Londo111: Especially when Iā€™d to direct men and women several decades older than me in field service. It felt very unnatural.

I could not agree more. Especially when a punk teenager has to direct an older pioneer sister who survived the war and escaped Nazi Germany to build a life in America. Something is wrong with that picture!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit