Nikola Tesla, wireless phone predicted 1909!

by DwainBowman 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

Even Tesla was extrapolating from existing technology. Marconi invented the "wireless telegraph" in 1895. It wasn't that big a stretch to think of wireless telephones in the future. Lots of visionaries (many of them writing science ficition) have made some good guesses about what future techonology will look like. The real fun is in watching them miss a new trend completely, personal computers being a good example. There are numerous variations of robots clanking around the starship while the crew works out navigational problems on their slide rules.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

And Marconi was building on Tesla's patents!

Dwain

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep!! Tesla was THE SHIZZ. Marconi and Exison were no dumb-dumbs, but Tesla was in another world. He didn't think like a business man, that's why he was taken advantage of.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just reposting because I just went to the CA. A brother was going around talking about how the GB predicted the cell phone.

DD

• prologos
    prologos

Tesla was the apostate from the Edison establishment. He pioneered the Alternating Current, transformer enabling grid, combatting the Direct Current technical 'cul de sac' of the Enterpreneurial Thomas E.

Ironically, the Direct Current battery technology of Edison is now in the Leaf, Volt and Tesla Cars.*

Take a 'Leaf' out of poplar nomenclature.

*electric cars, trucks trains did well before Otto's Gasoline, Diesel's compression-ignition motors flourished.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I had heard he was working on wireless power transmission until he died . I wonder who inherited his notes after his death. Could we really get rid of those huge, ugly power transmission lines?

My husband works for the phone company on the landline side of the business. Between cellular and VOIP, his skills are useful mostly for maintenance or high security applications where copper wires are preferable.

Could power transmission lines become redudant as well?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

GrreatTeacher: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Death -- the government seized his work because even then they thought he might have created something incredible that they needed to know about, but they didn't find anything novel (the conspiracy theorists will say that they took his death ray, though, and I suppose they are keeping it in a warehouse for a rainy day).

I have to say, he was a smart guy, but nowhere near the demi-god people make him out to be. A fairly good summary of his shortcomings in accepting modern science is listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Views_on_experimental_and_theoretical_physics. I seem to recall that he thought that what scientists observed as nuclear energy was actually electrical energy emitted from the sun and bouncing off atoms.

He was very ambitious and I think his wireless power concept was ahead of its time. Scientists have it working now over short distances, though, and we will probably have some real-world applications of the tech soon. That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about being enveloped in electrical fields constantly. I have too much firsthand experience with strong electrical fields already, and know what they can do to the body.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He says this is "proof that gods org is able to predict the future with accuracy"!

But some how flailed miserably on the real most important prophesies they self proclaimed/predicted

since proclaiming themselves as god's chosen organization for all mankind, like predicting the end of this system of things and

mankind is living in the last days etc.

Oh well they sold alot of books and magazines didn't they ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit