Accounts of Jesus From Hostile Ancient Sources

by Perry 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

I always thought that some of the Talmudic accounts might be quite old but the stories about 'Ben Pantera' might not be something you want to think about.

A guy fighting for Rome gets a Jewish girl pregnant. The child grows up claiming God is actually his father....

metatron

• Simon
    Simon

If we applied the same criteria to other events in history then I would qualify as an eyewitness for what happened in the Napoleonic wars.

Jesus is an invention. If he did all those things there would be mention. All the history of the time is just mundane stuff, you'd think the guy who walked on water and raised the dead would at least get a mention.

• designs
    designs

metatron- nice find

• metatron
    metatron

http://robinhl.com/2011/11/06/jesus-son-of-pantera/

This is not a story that most Christians would care to think about.

metatron

• designs
    designs

A well referenced essay on 'the real Jesus', not long and well worth the read.

www.davidpratt.info/jesus.htm

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Amazing how Perry always lights fires but never sticks around to support anything he says.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yea it's a good idea to believe some guy who is trying to sell BOOKS:)

Amazing he has found rock solid evidence where thousands of accredited respected archaeologists and anthropologists have not.

Of course we do have the Shroud of Turin :)

• zeb
    zeb

I understand and criticize away that jesus name in the local lingo is Yeshuah. that the romans referred to him a one line of history as the christos who was executed.

INCOMING!

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Something that has always been perplexing to me is that a man that was healing the sick and resurrecting others was never spoken about. The nearest you get to these things being talked about outside of the bible is the idea he had magical powers.

If there was a man raising people from death why isn't there a secular historian that talks about this. Imagine someone today doing the same. That would spread like wildfire. People would be in a complete frenzy trying to get to him. Traveling at all costs to heal and resurrect their loved ones.

As someone that believes in God I must admit this is a perplexing thing to me.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Hadriel:

You should understand that at that time, and in that place, these stories were not unusual about many men. There are many similar accounts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit