JW TV - One Further Step Towards Making the Organization Soft & Cuddly

by steve2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I had a dream as a child. In the dream, my parents bought me the Millenium Falcon and the whole crew. The dream was so real, I just knew that I would awaken to find it gift-wrapped and waiting!!

It didn't happen. I feel sorry for all the JWs who go through life wishing for something that isn't happening. There is far more evidence that each one of us will grow old and die. EVERY SINGLE GENERATION before us has died. Why would it be any different for us??

Believe me, I would love to go back and be ignorant and happy. I almost could, except for the track record of the WTBTS's lies. This is a weird time for me, and perhaps for other doubters. If the WTBTS goes more mainstream and pretty much lets JWs do just about whatever they want, then why destroy my family to prove a point? Why not let them be happy and ignorant? Do I have the right to force knowledge upon them? Maybe they just can't handle it it? How much damage will I cause by preaching TTATT, and for what, to be a REAL XIAN??

DD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Excellent post Steve2, I don't think it could have been put any better than you did.

You will need to remind yourself they are JWs, not Mormons.

So true, and what is with that never ending musical film where they all have "Born-again" smiles and beautiful locations over and over.....? If I were an interested person it would put me off straight away..

Also, they have a commercial logo link to Roku media players , (follow broadcasting help to a word link "using a Roku.." then the Co. logo appears - on their site! )

http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/roku/#p1-p2

I presume that this is a paid insert by Roku??? Please tell me if that is not likely. If so then they have, in effect, a paid advertisement which violates all that they have ever said about funding....

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, the direction of the past decade or so is defintiely moving toward a "please like us" message.

Quite a difference from the old stick-your-foot-in-the-door, "I'm not leaving until I tell you just how wrong your beliefs are" religion I grew up in.

Definitely influenced by the success of the Mormons, which makes me think that it's only a matter of time before some form of tithing is introduced.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

HI Steve, Great post. Russel would be spinning in his grave, if he knew (But I suppose it's hard to spin with the weight of a pyramid on top) This is not the organization we grew up in. It makes me sick.....they sold out....

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

What news? is what I wonder. JWs have been backwardized even 40 years behind the global times. They going to talk 911? UN NGO? Sub prime mortgage scandal? Derivatives set up? Market globalization? High frequency trading? Inter-Continental Exchange? Central banking counterfeting and debt creation scam? The IMF? Council on Foreign Relations? Global NATO? Global War on Terror? USSR aint King North? 300 Trillion US and EU debt and unfunded liabilities? The post Cold War 3rd UN placement that slipped off the Bethel and JW radar? The Bethel apostasy?

What can a 50 years behind ministry possibly talk about? Even the 700 Club types are now talking about some of that stuff and more. What planet does Bethel live on? This tragic comedy in the making is actually getting very interesting now.

What we can expect is Stephen Lett addressing a kindergarten class in the infantile JW style Bethel is now getting "famous" for, the JW lobotomy continues. "Now time to go to the dairy farm boys and girls!", it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood... It's comical, yet sad, at the same time. Blue pill central.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

They will never put someone young and vibrant to host a show or to be the M.C. This would take the attention away from the GB and make him or her the star. They dont want that since they had a hard enough time taking it away from Jesus.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

I do think after watching the first broadcast that this will be pushed very heavily as a complete substitute for regular TV. For example, I think it is quite likely that they will suggest in publications and the Branch Visit and other events something along these lines: "Why watch secular TV with all its violence and immorality when you have plenty of content to choose from 24 hours a day on tv.jw.org?"

What's funny is that this same approach has been used in years past with books. "Why read the world's publications when you have the Bible and all of the slave's publications to read? There's more to read than anyone can read!"

We all know how that went - so I don't expect this to go anywhere either.

CC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

we need to get "anonymous" to hack in and flash "JWFACTS.COM" on the screen haha

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I agree with Steve about how they are repainting their message of doom. I can't believe that is so evident and no one notices. I don't think Noah went around preaching love and positiveness when he would rather be the weatherman.

Funny story related to this.. I attended the spanish international convention in Houston this year. Two talks back to back, summarizing off course, went like this..

Talk one .... the end is so near we can touch it... quote "What about the increasing number of fatal deseases and earthquakes? The WHO said that this past decade alone, more than 100 new deseases were discovered" end of quote

Talk two, right after talk one ... Lets make our message in field service more positive.. quote "There is no need to sound negative, telling people about the increasing earthquakes or the hundreds of new deseases. We are there to tell people about our faith, not scare them.." end of quote

Almost sounds like the second speaker came to correct the first one. This is no joke, those words were spoken literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit