JW TV - One Further Step Towards Making the Organization Soft & Cuddly

by steve2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

The religious organization my maternal and paternal grandparents converted to in the 1920s and 1930s, respectively, was actually "closer" in practice to the end than the comfy religious organization in the 2010s. Call it a religious paradox that defies earthly comprehension. Every end times cult is forced sooner or later to make room for the long haul...and not a red-face in the room.

Enough witnessing already - I'm ready for my coffee stop!

• clarity
    clarity

After slaving off & on, for wt since the early 60's,

it now feels like they have run out of new things

to say & write.

So they have boxed everything up & made it look

really really nice, & put it all on their own TV

station.

Seems like now, Mom has got all the Kids sitting

in front of the TV ......heck forget those meetings,

guess we don't need all those KH's anymore,

or conventions either, everything is on the

Telly!

Why is the GB smiling, while they rub their greedy

soft hands together.

Listen, Obey and be Blessed. hahahaahahhaa

clarity

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

That would be nice Thisismytigersuit. They host the www part of their internet presence on the akamai cloud, though, not as easy to hack as if they would do it on their own servers. I am pretty sure too that the hosting is distributed enough that if you hack it, it may appear hacked to some users but not all.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

How is it that no one is commenting on the bling that the presenter is wearing on the intro video? Where is the humbleness and simplicity?

• steve2
    steve2

Perfect observation StarTrekAngel! Others have commented on Lett's ring-excess on other threads from earlier video appearances. One of the lovely "benefits" of being on the GB is comparing what you can get away with that the plain rank and file can't.

There is a "story" that my grandfather used to tell about "Brother" Rutherford turning up at a convention in the late 1920s - early 1930s (?) wearing a burgundy-colored suit. Evidently it was to give the okay that brothers did not need to confine themselves to black suits. I don't know whether it's true or not - but it sounds apt.

For my part, I recall the huge fuss in the 1960s over brothers not being allowed on the platform who wore colored shirts. My mother loved having her children dressed in colorful threads and would mutter away about her sons - and dutiful husband - needing to wear white shirts (with "appropriate ties) if we were to present something on the platform.

Talk about slaves to man-made rules!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

breakfast of champions - "Iron hand in a velvet glove."

Yup.

Everything they're doing is geared towards projecting the outward appearance of mainstreaming, whilst deflecting the R&F's attention away from the myriad internal problems and hard-lining their stance on internal policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit