So the Orkin guy walks into my office...

by Dagney 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

looks at me and says "you look familiar." I say, "you do too." He says, "Dagney XXXX" Yes, I reply.

Turns out he was from my old hall, I remember when "he came into the truth." (Sorry )

So...my co-worker is there and they know ALL about my losing of friends/family shunning/current friends leaving. This poor soul goes on to talk about his marriage and divorce, "Jehovah is good," remarriage...oy, and so much more. I considered telling him I didn't go to meetings anymore...but he was on such a roll to convince me through gritting teeth how wonderful he was, I didn't have the heart. I think he said we are his route, so I'll tell him another day.

My co-worker got to witness first hand the cult speak. So weird. I need a drink.

• stillin
    stillin

Some people have no self-awareness. Or should I say they just don't know when to shut up.

• Dagney
    Dagney

That is the case with this guy. Always been this way.

• designs
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Funny when we get to look at them like they are clueless...

-Aude.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Mr. Orkin dropped in again today just to visit. Lucky me. I know that will stop when I tell him I don't attend meetings.

Anyway, in talking about the old congregation he told me that a big group left the hall, and that there only 70+ or so "publishers" (don't ya just love that word!) left. He said there were about 110 when he was there a year ago. And frankly, the count was was NEVER that low the whole 20 yrs I was at that hall. I know of about 8 of the elderly that have died, and people do move for different reasons...but it is truly "happifying" when a congregation shrinks...for whatever reason.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I've had similar experiences running into JWs who assume I still believe and rattle on and on with the cult-speak. One couple recently ran over to me in Costco, threw their arms around me, and drove down memory lane. They are older and he is fighting cancer. I just grinned and bore it. Can I join you for a drink?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Poor guy. Sounds like he's hanging on by his fingernails.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Clink 3rdgen. I have no qualms telling this guy I don't go, but it's been a surprise both times, and I'm at work in a very public area. I don't mind my co-workers hearing him go on about things, and his "god is good" comments because I have let everybody know how I was treated after I left. So they already have no respect for the WT, and crazy talk is just icing on the cake.

Gregor, I think he is just hanging on. But I think he is the type that would be lost without the rules and boundaries of the religion. You know, if he wasn't a dub he'd be one heartbeat away from extreme behavior. I know several of those types. They have told me going to meetings keeps them "off the pole" if you know what I mean. **sigh**

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why tell him you don't go?

Call him and say you have an infestation and need his help. You can hear the creatures in the walls, skimpering across the floor and whispering in your ear. Bad things have started happening to people in your office. One woman was infected by them and they attacked her at home in her bed. You believe they got into the office when someone brought a Ouija board. When you try calling out to Jehovah, they stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit