Implications of Dropping "Types/Anti-Types"

by Antioch 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• millie210
    millie210

had overlooked that part of the meeting until I read this thread.

It makes sense that they would slide something with huge long term implications in amongst other more flashy things.

• TD
    TD

The more I think about this, the worse it gets. Rejecting the idea that we're living in the "Last Days" used to be rank apostasy and people were disfellowshipped for expressing serious doubts.

Where does the entire concept of the "Last Days" come from though? Isn't it a direct typological parallel to the "Last Days" of the Jewish system in the 1st century?

Do JW's no longer believe that we're living in the "Last Days" since 1914 either???

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

TD, as some of us have been saying since page 1, nobody is doing away with typology.

• TD
    TD

I hear you, Apognophos

This has been a bone of contention between old farts like myself and younger JW's and xJW's who don't seem to understand that the mechanics of the interpretational method are still there regardless of whether the words, "Type" and "Antitype" are explicitly stated or not.

It's a time honored interpretational method in Christianity and one of the only practical solutions to making ancient texts relevant without lapsing into the fallacy of the invisible interpreter.

I'll shut up now....

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I don't see type and anti-type JW beliefs going away entirely. It will be pick and choose as they please menu of them.

1914 will soon be out the door.

The JW's will embrace 607 BCE as the real fall of Jerusalem.

The 2,520 years ending of the Gentile Times will be moved to 1934 CE, and the Watchtower will spin somethng about the rise of Hitler, WWII and last days.

This extends the Last Days to now, and they still are able to say Armaggeddon can come anytime now, thus remaining the Doomsday Cult they are.

J.F.Rutherford's days as a prominent Watchtower leader are probably numbered also.

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    Marked.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

sloppyjoe2- "In doing so it automatically creates an appointment and a future second coming from the appointment."

Good thing Jesus was able to pencil them in... :smirk:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Bible Students who split when Rutherfraud took over still have conventions, AND they record them for all to hear!

One brother gives a whole lecture about "Types" and "Secondary Fulfillments." He basically says that people who try to type everything are wrong becuase the Bible doesn't say. LOL!!

Maybe he is an FDS?!? LOL!! BTW, who is the "typical" FDS??? LOL!!!

NOTHING has changed in Dub-land. This is all semantics and smoke and mirrors. The GB are saying, " We will tell you what shit matters and what shit doesn't matter. You'll know about because we will put it on the Internet site and tell you about it on the 144,000 CLUB. You're too dumb to know, stop trying because it's annoying to us. Now, STFU and contribute more money!"

DD

• Esse quam videri
  • Esse quam videri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit