I'm going to read on Sunday :p

by Yondaime 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

After I skipped that Sunday meeting to avoid the elders, the next meeting on Tuesday evening one of em managed to grab me. I didnt want to make a scene, so eith a fake smile I explained to him what I said at home was a misunderstanding.

He then said that it was okay and that what my mom said was no big deal. He told me the reason he wanted to talk to me was because the elders added my name to the list to read for the watchtower on sundays.

They like my voice since its very deep. I'd always receive that compliment when I gave prayers,ministry school talks, and readings for the bookstudy.

I already know that gods holy spirit isn't active in the org. If it was I wouldn't be getting priviledges. If god existed and directed this cult he'd know that I am an atheist. He also wouldn't allow a child molester in my hall to be appointed back to a MS again.

Any thoughts guys?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

You should read and every now and again say 'meow' like in SuperTroopers! haha

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I'm not wanting to be insulting or anything. But what has having a deep voice got to do with an ability to read the watchtower? I mean why chose a reader for that?

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Purrpurr I asked myself the same thing!

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Two words; tourette's syndrome...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hey, go for it. I enjoyed reading the WT when I was asked to. Make sure to read the whole lesson aloud beforehand at least once for practice.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You make a great point.

The very fact that many of us...(closet apostates and ones who have no faith that a supreme being directs the org), still get cong responsibilities such as reading the WT and saying prayers, just proves there is no such thing as HOLY SPIRIT direction!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"Hey, sorry I said you guys were like ISIS." "No biggie. Want to read the Watchtower for us?"

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Post messages on here while reading! They'll just think you'reuusing your phone/tablet for the app!

I seem to remember someone doing that on here before, captain blithering I believe!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Tourette's Syndrome. LOL. When you are reading, every few paragraphs loudly say 'BULLSHIT!!!' and then just continue reading as usual. When asked about this later, just say you have Tourette's and can't help it. I doubt that you will be asked to read in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit