Don't say "the truth", say the Jehovah's Witness religion

by hoser 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

When I meet up with a jay dubya I've never met before and the conversation inevitably turns to "so where did you learn the truth?"

I reply" my parents joined the jehovahs witness religion in 1982".

some of the looks I get are priceless

I refuse to use the term "the truth" in reference to jehovahs witnesses anymore.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Where did I learn the truth? Primarily on jwfacts...

You make a good point, though. Refusal to use their loaded language really confuses them. Another one to try is using the word leaflet instead of tract. You get a lot of confused looks as they try to figure out how to respond... they eventually give up and change the subject.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"The Truth" relating to the WTS/JWS is in reality a accumulation of doctrinal lies to intensionally proliferate the WTS's own published goods

at the same time create a semblance of assuming power and control for the organization's leaders.

From that accepted observation the WTS/JWS should be described as " The Lies "

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great tactic!

Yes, "the truth" is a manipulative, leading statement...of inaccuracy!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've had to root this word out of my vocabulary too. I prefer to say "religion", or sometimes even better, "organization". It's a correct theocratic word to use, so it's safe around JWs, and yet it also conveys the clinical, corporate nature of the religion.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have a problem with exjw`s using the term "the truth" family and extened family who have left . It frustrates me that they still use that term when they no longer beleive or practice it , and live a life that contradicts it.

In reality they should be referring it to "the lie"because thats what we now beleive.

smiddy

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Most JW don't have the truth right now.

Because....

...the truth changed on Saturday. From Saturday onward Gog is not Satan anymore. Hardly anyone of the r&f know this.

I just told it my parents yesterday. I know how they would react. They don't care at all.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I refuse to use the term "the truth" in reference to jehovahs witnesses anymore.

Same here. It's loaded language. A propagandist's tool to 'mind cleanse(tm)' people.

I use the term 'the corporation'....sometimes 'When I was in the watchtower corporation.'

To me it's important to remind people that it's a corporate business.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That word "truth"really grates on me when used in reference to the JW "religion", it is such a mind-control technique. And it in itself is a lie, the religion was founded on lies and is maintained and run on lies.

I have even found relatives of mine who have never been JW's using it that way, because they have heard the JW relatives use it.

I always pull up my non-Dub relatives with an incredulous " The WHAT ?", they then look sheepish, as they know my views.

It has taken Mrs Phizzy a long time to stop using it, as a kind of shothand, but I told her I hate it used that way, and to stop doing so, as a smack on the nose sometimes offends.

She hasn't done it since. LOL

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

There is NOTHING "truth" like about it. So it shouldn't be called as such. I think Trading Standards need to be informed!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit