Looking back to what happened since sept 2012... i must say its brilliant !

by insidetheKH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Who thought in the early months of 2012 that such a rebranding would take place in only a matter of 24 months?

They managed to go from an antique looking and boring website (watchtower.org) with hardly any attractive content to a fresh looking new website with stuff for everyone, families, children, teenagers.

Movies, and short videos about almost everything and new ones added every month. Cartoons, Animation video's , interviews, picture activities all kind of projects, many audio files like dramatic bible readings, dramas and music, online research tools, new brochures for kids (off and online) etc. etc.

JW.ORG signs on every Kingdom Hall... on busses.. on every facebook profile.. an international mass campaign to attract people to the website. Now a start of a new multimedia TV channel with all kinds of new productions and Apps to learn languages.

Over 8 million publishers and over 19.5 million people at the memorial in 2014,.. Tablets all over the place , in Kingdom Halls, on the platform and in field service.

personally i see more coming out of their sleeves the coming years,..

also i see no other international religion that takes care so well of their members and has so much to offer to young and old,.. wether online or offline. They offer something impressive and it looks like it that they will continue to do so.

Moreover no one here saw it coming.. there was not even a leak this year that foretold this JW-TV and language apps. Conclusion here on this forum reside a bunch of amateurs, the pro's are in Brooklyn, Patterson , Wallkill and soon Warwick

They are ten steps ahead

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

They are decades late jumping on the TV bandwagon. And their reverse on the internet question, first it's evil, then it's the best thing ever, is disgraceful.

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

Yes, they are really bringing out the shinies for young people lately.

I have two issues with your post.

First, "JW.ORG signs on every Kingdom Hall... on buses... on EVERY Facebook profile"

Really since when have the Witnesses openly flaunted accounts with Facebook? It's not so long ago that Facebook was banned. In no uncertain terms it was banned by name (along with bebo) from the platform. By all means, look past this and just see that such a magnificent witness is now being given with the brand name being used everywhere. After all, non-witnesses won't know that Facebook was one of Satan's traps.

Second, are the witnesses really taken care of that well? I am sure that everyone who is now having to go out and buy the new tablets, computers, phones just to be able to keep up with the organisation are really appreciating the extra burden of the cost (what happened to simplifying our lives?). Are the older ones (technophobes like my grandparents) being given free tablets if they can't afford them. What about lessons in how to use them? Or is the new website content and phone apps only for a select few?

As a final point, if the brothers and sisters at Bethel are so pro, as you put it, and ten steps ahead, why are they only just now doing what other faiths have been doing for years upon years?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I don't think that really matters much. It is expected that they will be ahead of us... if not, we would not need whistleblowers. The real issues here is the effect on its members and the damage caused to families. We should be happy if the pressure the internet puts on them end up creating a positive change. Many of the old timers would not forget, but at least moving forward things would be different. I don't believe they are going to go public and start preaching the same hateful doctrines they preach among the closed quarters of the KH. Eventually things would have to equalize. I am a bit skeptic in this sense. While it sickens me to think how many lives have been taken, I also see that there might be a small turn in their path. One with longer term effects that may result in a more regular, mainstream religion that has less and less intrusion into your life. I know it sound crazy but the subtle signs are there (some more subtle than others). They can't bring about too much change too quick, it would scare some away.

Did you see the July 2014 WT? Read the first two articles again and tell me if it does not point at a chance in the treatment of apostates? There is even a picture of Timothy arguing with one in front of the congregation. That would never happen in real life. I spoke with an apologist and he recognized the same hint at a change (without me mentioning it)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They have updated a website and set up TV. There is nothing unique or progressive about that, particularly when it is such a copy of what Mormons are doing. Will you be equally impressed if they start copying Scientology as well and wheel out a few movie stars to speak on their behalf. None of it changes the fact that it's a cult.

• metatron
    metatron

Warning: Powerful Emetic Alert!

"i see no other international religion that takes care so well of their members and has so much to offer young and old"

REALLY? How about the 20 year Bethelite who got dumped into "the worst labor market in 60 years" (quote) because of layoffs? How about the Mormon internal welfare system? How about the continuing efforts of the Watchtower Society to avoid pension arrangements in Spain or workman's comp in the US.? Or discouragement of higher education after they lied in 1969 about "never growing old in this system of things"?

Shall I go on? This is an astonishingly selfish organization that doesn't even come close to having an infrastructure of care for its thralls.

metatron

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

conflicted89, the reason they are barely catching up is because the org is directed by a bunch of technophones as well. Ultra conservatives that never thought that technology was going to come close to religion. They could see that technology was going to change the world... the way we shop and travel. This is evident in some of the early publications regarding the internet. But I don't think it occurred to them technology could bring about social and political change to the scale it did. No one really understood the power of technology in social and political change until the Arab Spring (coincidentally in 2012 as well) and the Obama election. From this perspective they were not too late. However, if they had foreseen sooner that technology was going to have this impact, then they would have been way ahead of the curve. Their lack of interest on the subject blinded them.

• prologos
    prologos

I agree with the OP & some of your posts. take care of members NOT. but

is it about resources, accomplishments? of course a billion dollar tax exempt corporation can pull it of, individuals not.

great companies, empires have been erected, but where were the benefits? the victims left behind, the reputation to a supposed higher cause?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

By the way.. there was a talk at the spanish international convention this year, in Houston. The brother in charge stated that many other religions (I believe he specifcally mentioned mormons) have stated that the new preaching field was in social media and that it was easier and more effective to catch people there than at home. The brother affirmed and I quote "JW would never, ever do that. They way to get to people with such life saving message, is at home". I can see him eating his shoes in a short period of time.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Inside -

I assume you're familiar with the expression "..polishing a turd.."?

The rebranding is likely aimed at downplaying the name Jehova, you know, the genocidal desert god who killed millions of old testament people, because he was mad, sad or just woke up jealous -over and over, yeah the guy who drowned a whole word he had just made , just so he could try again.

In modern times the same name was picked up by the followers of a nasty drunk in charge of a new cult - within a few decades the name was a stench for entirely new, but equally stupid reasons . Blood transfusions, the armageddon industry which never materialized, and adopting the hated pagan practice of disfellowshipping/shunning and inflicting that hatred upon millions of decent families, just for the control it afforded.

Jehova the name has become a stench as it instanlyt evokes a snivelling dishonest cult. Leading the larger world to the internet will just expose the corruption to a wider audience at warp speed..

Keep polishing that turd!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit