AGM 2014 Detailed Highlights - including talks summary.

by Da.Furious 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• label licker
    label licker

Looks like the evil slave is just a warning for now but if those sluggish door to door tablet pushers don't pick up pace in their ministry then, that evil slave will become them in a few years. It will be as though they are apostates if they don't up their hours. I see some more changes coming for those poor sluggish lazy publishers.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS

Matthew 25:14-30

3. When does master come?

In the past we said 1919. And then will be great tribulation. If we look at the context in Matthew 24:3 and what was the disciples question. Jesus answer is found in rest of Matthew 24 and all of 25. All of these scriptures are talking about his coming at great tribulation.

So the master is yet to come and all of the scriptures in Matthew 24 and 25 are talking about his coming at the great tribulation - but they continue to preach that Jesus was enthroned as king in 1914. ????

How blind and stupid can they be?

WILL YOU KEEP ON THE WATCH?

10 virgins Matthew 25:1-13

2. How does this apply to anointed?

....If you sleep momentarily we need wake up and remain prepared especially during the Interval between the shout in verse 6 and arrival of bridegroom.

This refers to the Interval between Jesus presence, 1914, and his arrival at great tribulation. Then the verses talk about verbal exchange between foolish and wise virgins, when this happened? During and near end of great tribulation.

So the 'shout' in verse 6 happened in 1914 but the 'arrival' of the bridegroom is at the great tribulation. With a 'verbal exchange' between the start of the great tribulation and end of it.

Purely arbitary and silly, confused distinctions to try and fit all this around the ridiculous 1914 teaching.

• St George of England
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

The type / antitype talk is indeed a very significant shift. Out the window goes much of the pre GB 2.0 prophetic speculation ... (mostly due to Franz, but Rutherford and Russell used it a lot too).

Eden

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

First century Christians did Jesus', the kings, business. In year 1919 it was the harvest time. So who has the 5 talents? or the 2 talents? Nobody! The slaves just doubled their efforts. That's all what Jesus was trying to get across.

...and 1919 comes from where?

3. When does master come?

In the past we said 1919. And then will be great tribulation. If we look at the context in Matthew 24:3 and what was the disciples question. Jesus answer is found in rest of Matthew 24 and all of 25. All of these scriptures are talking about his coming at great tribulation.

Okay Mr GB paedophile protector, if you said 1919 in the past what are you saying now?

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

OMG, This make my stomach turn......Religion is not that complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith in what Jesus means to us is not that complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a wonder so many don't see thru this crap........................What a cult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the WTBTS, FDS, BORG....

GTTM

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"In the past we said 1919. And then will be great tribulation. If we look at the context in Matthew 24:3 and what was the disciples question. Jesus answer is found in rest of Matthew 24 and all of 25. All of these scriptures are talking about his coming at great tribulation."

So the master is yet to come and all of the scriptures in Matthew 24 and 25 are talking about his coming at the great tribulation - but they continue to preach that Jesus was enthroned as king in 1914. ????

Actually it sounds like they're moving away from 1919, slowly. This does not affect 1914, which comes before 1919 :0) As you know, the 1914 prediction is based on 2520 years after 607 BC. In WT theology, Jesus' coming is different from Jesus' presence, which still begins in 1914.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

But it does call into question the 1919 appointment. I need to re-read this because it seems confusing. Maybe when the WT article comes out it will be a little clearer what they are trying to say.

Wait, the overlapping generation makes even less sense so the theory that they really are making this up as they go along without worrying about how it fits into current theology is probably the answer.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The other day, I got new glasses! My view of the world changed! I put them on and read my NWT oh, sorry, my "revised" NWT and became an agnostic ....funny what a new set of glasses will do with the content of the Bible. New group...New Truth.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/279533/1/Rumor-New-light-comes-from-outside-marketing-consultants

I wonder if this lends evidence to the above link. Are they maneuvering to drop 1914 bit by bit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit