I...I have no words

by Theredeemer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sloppyjoe: Easy, they aren't on TV, they're on the internet.

Um, even the borg calls this new thing of theirs "TV."

• LogCon
    LogCon

DATA-DOG said '... Miracle Wheat!!! LOL!!! I have already used the 144,000 Club joke on a dub, my next phrase will be , " Holy Miracle Wheat!!!" '

How about

Holy Miracle Wheat ' GB MAN '. [Pow, Smash, Bammo]

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I watched some of it. It seems ... mixed. If I found this on youtube or my local tv station, I'd probably watch for five minutes or so and change the channel.

• Gratefullyunstuck
    Gratefullyunstuck

Just put it on the same long list as all the other things WT has condemned other religions for doing...only to see WT eventually do it themselves.

could we start a thread with the same long list?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I remember credit card machines for donations being one of them

• pronomono
    pronomono

JW TV is them getting back to their roots and taking it to the next level. Think Photo Drama of Creation. But now available on massive scale.

Also, they want to give the impression of transparency into the religion by showing inside bethel with morning worship, etc. It's all image. Give a false impression that they're not as cultish as everyone says they are.

• pronomono
    pronomono

What got me was the music video at the end and how horrible it sounded.

1) It was so generic it could have been written for any religion or self-help group.

2) The voice was atrocious.

3) The music didn't match the voice.

4) They couldn't afford John Mayer or James Blunt, so they had to settle for less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit