can anyone verify the new "basic pioneer" rumor?

by Chris Tann 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dothemath
    dothemath

"Basic virgins" ......that's a good one "don't call me Shirley"!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Basic virgin... hmmm... is that the same as a technical virgin?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The new light is you give one of the virgins a talent and then when your done she's not a virgin anymore...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A "pioneer" is one who goes somewhere ahead of others....or for the first time....

So, a "basic pioneer" is the first to spend time with the "virgin"??

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I believe the new understanding is that when the remaining members of the 144,000 go to heaven, they will each receive 10 virgins and let them display their talents.

Rub a Dub

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I just got this from my distance cousin in Walkill!!
    Dwain

The following were not mentioned at the annual meeting...

-- In September next year there will be a new level of pioneering. Currently, this is auxiliary, regular and special .... new option called Basic Pioneer that involves reaching 10 hours a month and the purpose is to reach a milestone in August that all brothers and sisters report and avoid inactivity.

-- On 01/01/15 a new part of the service meeting entitled “How you learned the truth” to replace local needs in which all members of the congregation can relate their experience.

-- Bethelites with five years or more service may serve for a year on a missionary assignment.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He said in a follow up note, that it got started on Friday, and spread like wild fire, as something coming along to be announced later, and just went from there!!!!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So it got started on Friday???? Did it get started at Bethel? We know that there was a premeeting of Bethelites before the AGM. Was it started there?

• fulano
    fulano

Stuckinarut2: 3) sounds plausible....

They are trying to downsize bethel numbers everywhere, so what better way to do it and provide some sort of "dignity" to the ones they cull!

Send them out (on their own, or with a very basic allowance) to some god-forsaken place as "MISSIONARIES" with all the in-house glory it provides.

End result: lower bethel numbers and less responsibility and financial strain on the org....

A missionary costs three times as much as a Bethelite. Don't comment without knowledge please.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I heard informally that the 10 hour pioneer was a way to encourage inactive dubs, didn't get a detailed explanation and I didn't push for more,

seems to agree with dwainbowman

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The " basic" pioneer status is for the ones who have said

"I basically don't want to pioneer".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit