can anyone verify the new "basic pioneer" rumor?

by Chris Tann 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

So it's rumored started by one member that there is a new Pioneer rank called basic Pioneer, announced at annual meeting. Can anyone verify this is true? Everything else presented at the meeting has been verified except this. Anyone has true info? Thanks

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Would like confirmation as well.

If so, I can really see the pressure mounting on the poor rank and file. Instead of turning in their 4-8 hours per month, there will be mounting pressure to get the 10. Congos will be compared against each other, with those with less than 70-80% of basic pioneers being considered 'weak'.

And of course no appointed man would ever fall below 'basic pioneer' status, because that's nearly an apostate!

Fukkin borg, always dreaming up new and inventive ways to steal peoples' time.

• millie210
    millie210

I think it is a rumor. Why? Because it would be so stupid to do that....

I dont think the powers that be are THAT stupid...............

yet.

But just put me in the I want to know if it is true or not line. I have no way of knowing.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Basic" pioneer??

Seriously?

What a stupid name if the rumour is true!

• millie210
    millie210

Here are the 3 things I CANNOT verify

!) Basic Pioneering (10 hours)

2) New Service Meeting part replacing Local Needs where individuals will give their experiences

3) Bethelites with 5 or more years of service can do missionary service

At this point I havent seen verification anywhere on these 3.

My personal thought?

I think the first one is a bad idea because it is going to discourage pioneers who are putting in the big hours.

The second one is a bad idea because it encourages too much "free expression" the Watchtower study doesnt even allow that!

The third one I dont know enough about to comment on.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

3) sounds plausible....

They are trying to downsize bethel numbers everywhere, so what better way to do it and provide some sort of "dignity" to the ones they cull!

Send them out (on their own, or with a very basic allowance) to some god-forsaken place as "MISSIONARIES" with all the in-house glory it provides.

End result: lower bethel numbers and less responsibility and financial strain on the org....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What? A 10 hour pioneer? You got to be fuc&*ng kidding.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

10 hour pioneer - 10 hours is more or less what the average publisher puts down on their time sheet every month, whether they made an actual 10 or not.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

millie210, and confirmation about "doctrinal changes to interpretation of “Gog of Magog”"???

• millie210
    millie210

What about it?

That one is true, right?

Is that correct as far as you know hildebrando?

I dont know....I am in the dark as much as anyone. I am following this thread hoping someone can provide correct information.

What have you heard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit