AGM 2014 - How are faders gonna hide in plain sight anymore?

by tootired2care 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It must drive the GB control freaks absolutely fucking crazy to know that there were people posting to JWN live from inside the Stanley Theater during the meeting!

Ha! Take that you losers!

You can't control everyone. The tighter you squeeze the more it gets away from you.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

I'll believe it when I hear it at my cong. It doesn't make sense! The average JW preaches moren than 10 hrs monthly! Makes no sense at all! Sounds totally silly.

GC

• millie210
    millie210

I have familiy members at the GM and they made no mention of that.

It could be they accidently left it out but I am not sure?

I read over on one of the pro witness sites that the 10 hour thing is a rumor.

I have no idea what is what. I have been waiting to see what gets written on THIS site since this is where I come to find out

"the TRUTH"

• Poztate
    Poztate

The announcement was a new class of pioneer called a "basic pioneer" where you commit to 10 hours a month

I wonder if this is a way to discard the term publisher completely. Rather than have a vague goal of 10 hours per month as publisher we now have a verbal or written commitment of 10 hours a month. They might even extend the privilege so you can sign up for 6 months or a year at a time. BLEH

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Leave, in plain sight.

The term "fader" implies that at some point you'll be invisible, as in gone. Why not get there more quickly?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

millie210, is that on jwtalk?

I don't have an account anymore, but usually you can the the straight news there, along with kool aid comments galore.

• millie210
    millie210

Yes LostGeneration, that is where I read it.

And double yes on the kool liquid refreshments!

I can only take a few minutes there~

• suavojr
    suavojr

You can fake it and continue like many of us do while still inside

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is increasingly difficult to "fake it" while in the org...

I find that I am feeling insincere to MYSELF more than anything!

I literally feel ill having to pretend I beleive all the Cr@p!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This may be a blessing in disguise. Us faders probably do (at best) 2 hrs a month, so trying to get us to make a 5-fold increase is still a pretty big push. If I'm pressured, I'll push back and say something along the lines of "I was doing all I could before the basic pioneer thing, and I'll continue to do so. I'm not interested in titles or the recognition of having my name read on stage, so even if I could get 60hrs a month, I wouldn't sign up as a pioneer"

As for the new service meeting parts, any excessive pressure to participate will just be an excuse not to go to mid-week meetings. I have very real social handicaps that my wife is aware of, and any direct pressure to participate is a great excuse to claim that the meetings just cause me to much anxiety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit