AGM 2014 - How are faders gonna hide in plain sight anymore?

by tootired2care 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

So two big changes in the org were announced in the most recent AGM.

• Local needs part is replaced by "how do you know the truth" where all members will tell their experience (oh what fun)
    • Basic pioneer role 10 only hours a month required (see, Jehovah lightens our load, therefore he loves only us)!

It seems like they have really turned up the heat here. Of course the flock will misunderstand its true intent and believe that it is a blessing of a lighter load. I can only imagine the pressure that the elderoids are going to exert for everyone to pioneer. Once you have that title they have you where they want you. They will then use all these new pioneers as a goldmine for testimonials on the stage, and assemblies, about the wonderfull blessings of pioneering (awkward).

Also, they are going to "encourage" everyone to tell their faith inspiring story at the local needs part (more awkward). If you don't participate in these activities they are probably gonna mark you as a closet apostate.

I had a hard enough time faking it before I left 3 years ago. It seems like it is going to be very difficult to hide in plain sight now.

Thoughts?

Quote of epic irony - "Jehovah's standards never change."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

10 hour pioneering?!? BULLSHIT!!! Are you frigging serious??

DD

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Ya know what? I'm getting tired of hiding anyway, this may be the impetus I need..

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Serious man, I wish I was kidding

• millie210
    millie210

I thought the 10 hour thing was deemed bogus and not from the meeting?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Millie, I'm curious where did you see that it as discredited? I was referecing the AGM thread in my openening post (link), and saw nothing of the the sort there.

• Magnum
    Magnum

What's this about 10 hours? Are you saying that pioneers only have to get 10 hours per month now???

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I did alot of Auxillary Pioneering, 60 hours/month, with my kidds...now it's 10 hour Basic Pioneer.

All of the changes make no sense to me, but it doesn't really matter. One thing hasn't and won't ever change...the hierarchy. There will always be uppity-ups and and there will always be peons in the org.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What's this about 10 hours? Are you saying that pioneers only have to get 10 hours per month now???

The announcement was a new class of pioneer called a "basic pioneer" where you commit to 10 hours a month. I think they would still have the other classic pioneer roles, and levels of piety that go hand-in-hand.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

If this is true it's gonna give the the elders a lot more leverage to pressure people, and make coming up with excuses challenging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit