Extraordinary increase...?

by MacHislopp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for adding your interestiung comments and quotes.

Ozziepost: it's nice to have you ...commenting.

Somebody: thanks for your pertinent comments and

also for the ...contradictings quotes.

I'm going to use them this week.

Gems..as usual.

Iarc: .." the new 15 minute rule regarding field service is an attempt to prop up the numbers."

Surely, it will make the trick...but for how long?

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Grunt: Your quote makes me feel like a celebrity. I sent that e-mail to Osarsif, and didn't realize he had posted it. Every year, I post an updated annointed actuarial report.

Here is the link to the latest one: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15981&site=3#193722

• blondie
    blondie

JWs vote with their feet and their money. I would expect a steady drop in number of individual JWs and individual hours for those who stay as has been going on for several years. The drop in contributions is already seen in the end of subscriptions, substandard lapel cards, requiring congregations to come up with the money on kingdom hall building projects. I have seen so many appeals for money before in the KMs.

It was mentioned in several KHs that no one from the territory had been baptized for over 10 years, only children of JWs. If it weren't for the increase in the Hispanic territory in the US and other language groups, there would have been a decrease in the US.

There was a time that baptisms at the conventions were expected to be about 1% of the daily attendance. For example, 4,000 attending/40 baptized. That is not happening much any more. Has anyone heard of any circuit assemblies or special days "recently" with no one being baptized or only one person?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

you might be interested in this one.

It has still to do with this topic and it is a very

interesting study:

http://lsb.scu.edu/econrel/Downloads/JWGrow-O.pdf

(Thanks to Slipnslide.. Waiting and Herbert ).

RunningMan: thanks for the update. Very useful

indeed, I'm sure that many here will appreciate it.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again Blondie,

concerning your point:

"Has anyone heard of any circuit assemblies or special days "recently" with no one being baptized or only one person?"

I have heard , quite often, from our European friends.

It seems that now it is so common, that it doesn't

surprise anybody. So much for the increase!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit