Extraordinary increase...?

by MacHislopp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

as the time passes , the WTBS Inc. did ...slowly but steadily decline the use of the expression “.. the increase is a proof of Jehovah’s blessing on his people..”!

Now, in the year 2002 it has surfaced again,
    with a little modification.
    Let’s take the quote “ The Watchtower “ July
    1, 2002 page 13 § 17, scond part:

“Now it is the time for Jehovah to express mercy to his anointed servants and their
    other sheep companions. The evidence that this is so is the extraordinary increase with which he has blessed them, ‘beautifying them’ as it were.”

Let’s continue in § 18:

“ Each year , hundreds of thousands of additional “ foreigners” associate with
    Jehovah’s organisation, and the way will remain open for many more to follow them.”

It is clear from these word the the “evidence “
    of “Jehovah’s mercy” is the “extraordinary
    increase with which he has blessed them”.

Now, if we were their own figures ,
    for ex. the last 29 years , this kind of statement would appear rather odd.
    As a matter of fact, the total average publishers for the year 1972
    was ......1,592,442

Since the total number of baptized from 1973 to 2001 was................6,967,029 this would give a ‘theoretical’ total of average of baptized publishers of.............8,563,471 !

Unfortunately, for the WTBS Inc. this figure is very different from the total average publishers given – officially –for the year 2001 i.e. 5,881,776 !

So, this begs a first question : where are the ...missing 2,681,695 publishers since
    1973???
    Remember that this would correspond
    to an average of 92,472 publishers
    missing every year for the last 29 years!!!

Even if we were to take the “ peak
    publishers “ for 1972 i.e. 1,658,990
    adding the total number of baptized ones
    since 1973, i.e. 6,967,029 this would still
    give us a ‘‘theoretical’ total of average of baptized publishers of.............8,626,019 !!

This second ‘count ‘ would still leave us with
    a problem, because the official figure for the
    ‘peak publishers ‘ for the year 2001 it’s ...
    only ....6,117,666 !!!

All this in turn would beg a second question:
    where are the ...missing 2,445,805 publishers since 1973???
    Remember that this would correspond
    to an average of 84,338 publishers
    missing every year for the last 29 years!!!

Now back to the first quote from the watchtower ‘s
    recent article, is this
    “extraordinary increase” the “evidence “
    “with which he has blessed them...”?

Is vast majority of the JW’s , aware
    of the real figures?

Your comments are welcome.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Flip
    Flip
    Is vast majority of the JW’s , aware
    of the real figures?

Are you kidding, Mac! I'm a former Jehovah's Witness who's now free to research any source and even I'm not aware of the stuff you present...until now, of course.

Flip

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Flip,

thanks for your comment. I'm very pleased that
    this research interested you. Btw, my qustion about the
    vast majority of the JW's been informed about these figures,
    it's directed more to the great ' apologists' , who visit
    regularly this Forum.

• dmouse
    dmouse

So how come 'Examining the Scriptures Daily, May 19th, 2002'
    Says:

'Of course, the number of those associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses is not a criterion for determining if they enjoy divine favor.'

????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about having your cake and eating it!

• larc
    larc

Mac,

I think you left out the death rates over the years. That would have to be factored in. I think a better comparison is to population growth. In 24 major countries they have not grown, and in many cases, they have declined. This means that their kids and their converts do not equal the number who are leaving. They are only growing faster than the population in underdeveloped countries, and their growth rate there is not very significant.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well you see mac, jehovah is sifting the nations, so to speak. He has his net out. It catches all kinds of fish. Those millions are the undesirable fish that he threw back. The weeds, goats, evil slave etc. Although there is a bit of a problem w that allegory since 1995. In 1995, the wt said that the sheep and goats are not to be separated until the trib.

SS

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

No one beats the Watchtower in playing with numbers. While the conclusion is valid - many are "missing" - there is some double counting when you don't consider that one might become a publisher in the year before they are baptized, sometimes more than one year (e.g. publisher at 8, baptized at 15 myself). That said, over an extended period like this that would be a very small factor.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

thanks for your comments.

From Dmouse
    'Of course, the number of those associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses is not a criterion for determining if they enjoy divine favor.'
    Very interesting, and I do think that this one proves the point:
    continually contradicting past and even future statements.

From Iarc :

I do agree with you. As a matter of fact I aslo left out the ...dead ones
    (unknown % ...0.3, 0.2 % par year), those who have “ dissociated”
    themeselves, those who have been “disfellowshipped “every year
    by the WTBS Inc, those who have been and clearly are ..”.inactives”!
    My added point is, to give arel meaning to all the figures, for which I
    could go back many and many years more, why the WTBS Inc., doesn’t
    give the all picture, ...black and white for everyone to see. After all
    it is the WTBS Inc., who wrote in the 1971 ‘ Theocratic School
    Guide ‘ book:

*** sg 110 21 Informative Material, Clearly Presented ***

9 Accuracy of statement. Jehovah’s witnesses are an organization of truth.
    We should want to speak the truth and be absolutely accurate in every detail at all times.
    This should be so not only as regards doctrine but also in our quotations, what we say about others or how we represent them, also in matters involving scientific data or news events."

Do they a^pply it to themselves??

From SaintSatan:
    “Well you see mac, jehovah is sifting the nations, so to speak. He has his net out. It catches all kinds of fish. Those millions are the undesirable fish that he threw back. The weeds, goats, evil slave etc. Although there is a bit of a problem w that allegory since 1995. In 1995, the wt said that the sheep and goats are not to be separated until the trib.”

Please try to be more clear in your point, what are you really..saying?

From Bodhisattva
    “No one beats the Watchtower in playing with numbers.”

I do agree with you on this one, 100% !

• Perry
    Perry
    ‘beautifying them’ as it were.”

They never miss an opportunity to use God to pump up their image do they? The GB have to be absolutely delusional.

Nice work on the numbers, btw. I remember a C.O. saying one time that over 10,000 people a year are disfellowshipped. If true, then close to 90% of people who leave the org. do so willingly.

This mass exodus has left the organizational leadership filled with brainless, unfeeling, robotic automatons whose sole shepherding tool for healing those in need is cold "do more" counsel or disfellowshipment so that they don't have deal with the problems.

Jehovah has beautified the GB with what they deserve.....carbon copies of themselves.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The death rate is 1 % per year, and it has been stated that some 1 % are disfellowshipped and 1 % dissasosiate themselves. So 3 % are lost each year. If you for these 30 years have an average (I could calcute it year by year, but don't have the time now) of say 3,000,000 - you will lose 90,000 annually, or 2,700,000 over these 30 years, and that is not far from the exact number you are "missing". So there is no mystery about these figures, it's just plain demography and statistics. As to some other figures, there are mysteries, I'll try to calculate those ones later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit