Help? :(

by BlackWolf 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

BlackWolf, as you can see, you came to a place with a lot of support and kindness. I am glad you were strong enough to take the step to post here and start this thread.

My daughter turns 15 next month and I'm so glad we stopped going to the Kingdom Hall five years ago. Kids, especially teenagers, need to experience life and be free to make choices for themselves without coercion or indoctrination. If you would like to meet my daughter online through email or skype please send me a message and I'll connect you both.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Eating disorders are often about control. Food being the one thing you think you can control, although it actually has control of you. And who wouldn't have control issues growing up in an organization that tells you how to think and feel? Not to mention it sounds like your parents are overly controlling. Right now you don't have much choice, which is making you try to control other things like food. It would probably help to try and find things you like about your life and to focus on them. Remember that your parents are doing what they think is in your best interests, even if they're not doing it the best way. I have lots of control issues and attribute much of it to growing up like I did. However, the more I let go of the need to control the more joy I find in life. Like others said, see a counselor or therapist, and above all, be open with them. They can't help what they don't know about. Use them as a place to leave things behind.

You sound like a good person that is just living an isolated life that isn't authentic to you. You have plenty of time ahead of you. So find things to make your own and appreciate now and then later you can live according to who you are, not who others want to force you to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit