What does the building of Warwick HQ have to do with the Society's expectation of the end?

by Apognophos 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Okay, these are fair responses in pointing out the hypocrisy angle.

I was moved to start the topic by reading many posts (such as some here) stating that the Society must not think the end will come before they would finish the HQ, and that's what I wanted to object to.

I do think the leadership expects the end soon, but I think the reason they aren't waiting until after the Big A is that they probably already waited too long and the old Brooklyn buildings were becoming a hardship for them. It also seems that they are afraid of pre-Armageddon chaos, like the 9/11 attacks which reputedly frightened them into wanting to leave the city.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

By the same logic, why don't JWs argue that the project could just as well be started after Armageddon, when the land, supplies, etc. will be "free".

Exactly. Why spend millions of dollars now building something that would be free to build after the end? Land would be free, supplies would be free just by walking to the hundreds of deserted construction supply stores - walk in, pick up materials and go build it. Manpower would be free of course.

In view of this, the money could be spent now doing other things, like setting up a relief fund for JWs in financial distress, or give the money to the poor. ( ok don't hold your breath on these)

Also why build a structure which could well be destroyed during the big A? There is no evidence that Jehoober would protect it, just like he doesn't protect JWs or Kingdumb halls now.

So instead, while in a few years it will all be free, you choose to spend millions of hard-earned window washer and truck driver saved money in a structure which could well be damaged in a few years.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Oh wait.....i figured it out why they need to build it now.

The issue is that after the big A, the GB will look around at all the survivors and as they glaze at 7 millions window washers, truck drivers and housewives, they will ask "who here is an architect or engineer?"..... after a long silent pause, they will say " oh Crap!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They expect Watchtowistan to become the planetary capital and the seat of government in the New System.

I am not making this up (except the name "Watchtowistan").

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I was always under the impression when I was in that God's buildings, dedicated to Him by the dubs were going to be protected. This is based on Jerusalem and its temple being destroyed because Jehoovers people were the ones being punished but at the Big A its Jehoovers people being saved therefore their buildings, or at least the ones dedicated to Jehoover would be protected.

Hence they can rationalise that it's worth building these premesis prior to the Big A...convenient eh?

• clarity
    clarity

Watchtowers repetitive orders to be satisfied with just

food & a roof to cover you ....had millions living in

substandard housing. Compelling people not to marry now,

not to have children now. Preach ...be at it URGENTLY!

Quit your good paying job .... clean houses part time & preach!

Don't let your kids play sports, no outside interest..just preach!

Now they are building tennis courts, swimming pools etc for

themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Quote from ex.jw.com:

Guy Pierce assured us that the Governing Body would still welcome an interruption of the “Great Tribulation” if it came during the building project. However, when he made this glib remark, he missed the point altogether, betraying his own arrogance and ignorance – and that of his colleagues

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The end did come right on time- INVISIBLY!

They will tell us later when it came, once it becomes more clear from the perspective of looking back. Prophecy is a tricky thing, especially if you are not "inspired" but only "spirit-directed."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I was not supposed to graduate high school in this system and just retired from my job of 35 years.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

As some of you have said, I think they expect the HQ to survive the raining fire and sulphur and whatnot. I mean, really, why would they expect that their HQ would be destroyed by God? Surely he can aim around it? So as Vidiot said, they probably expect Warwick to be the capital of Watchtowistan in the new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit