JW.org: " One Hundred Years Ago—1914"

by rebel8 19 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2014-yearbook/one-hundred-years-ago-1914/

All links and content are posted here for critical review in compliance with copyright laws. :)

The “Be Thou Faithful Unto Death” countdown card was used by some in their resolve to remain faithful to the end

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow....just......wow. I learn something new about this freakish CULT I was raised in every day!!!!! An Armaggedon count-down card? Who'd have thought? This is some bat-sh*t crazy stuff right here! Who came up with this morbid crap? I am so embarrassed to have ever been raised and involved in this End-Times apocolypic CULT that I could run screaming out the door. I actually can't believe they have BALLS to put this kind of embarrasing evidence up on their own website. I guess they figure they'd better be up front and fess up before it goes viral on the internet.

First time I've ever seen this card, for real! However, I'm surprised they didn't resurrect this concept for 1975 build-up. Apparently, they forgot all about Jesus stating about, "...no one knows the day or the hour, not the angels or even the Son." etc. But oh hey, these old geezers up in Brooklyn, NY do, so let's create a "Death count-down card" and giddily cross of the days until the mass slaughter of 99.995% of the earth's population. Sick.

Incredible.

- Wing Commander

• galaxie
    galaxie

The rank n file will justify with noooo light saying ' thankfully we have the truth now '

THATS WHAT THE OLD GUARD THOUGHT!!!! They were deluded, as are the presnt brigade !!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I have been associated with this organization for decades and have studied its history. I had NEVER heard of the "countdown card!" just goes to show that fatalism and this organization go hand in hand....what a joke!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you can't hide the truth, spin it...

DD

• wifibandit
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I guess we would have need 100 "Countdown Cards," .... plus one since the Big "A" still hasn't come.

BTW, those Countdown Cards should be in the public domain by now. Another consequence of failed prophecy.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

interesting. I had never seen this before.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Being a born-in I never heard of that before. We even knew some back in the 1970's that knew Russell and they never mention this card. Learn something new everyday. Still Totally ADD

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

I can't believe they even put this card on their site, it just shows everyone how crazy they really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit