The Art of Hypocrisy - How Jehovah's Witnesses worship a symbol

by BluePill2 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OnTheWayOut - "I wonder that some JW's are able to see how ridiculous it is just as we former JWs can easily see it."

I'm sure that this will disturb many who were already passively rebelling, on the fence, or bending the rules, particularly since the hard-core loyalists have such a collective hard-on about it.

Which, IMO, supports my suspicion that the GB wants to prune the R&F down to all but the hard-core...

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

BluePill2 Do You know about the portuguese forum of ex-JW?

• SAHS
    SAHS

And to think of all the poor little school kids who were teased, bullied, and persecuted for not pledging allegiance to the flag! If you walked into a Kingdom Hall with any other kind of symbol or icon pinned onto your lapel, such as your country’s flag, or a symbol of something like Free Masons, Orangemen, Teamsters Union, etc., you would get pulled into that backroom yesterday and given a scolding. I’ve even heard of JWs saying that it’s wrong to have a poster of your favorite baseball player in your own room. And, of course, not to mention a certain “political party card” in Malawi back in the 1970s. (That was a real no, no!) And what does the WT say about religious “statues and icons”? (I.e., the now-outdated Reasoning book.)

But this . . . . this stupid little blue corporate Internet marketing thing, . . . well, that’s a must-have! (When will people wake up?)

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

TJ Curioso: Nope. Never heard of. Any link?

SAHS: You hit the nail Bro! That is exactly what I was thinking. I once had a TIE....a simple tie...with a fleur-de-lis symbol, very small and unimportant. I had a part and one of the elders asked me DURING THE MEETING to come to the back room and said that I cannot give my part in the TMS because of the unappropriate symbol on my clothing. You couldn't even see it from the front row.

Moron gave me a talk about blablablabla....now they go ON STAGE with their own little version of the cross. Pathetic. Really pathetic bunch of losers.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Yes, those pesky Poles just happened to be in his way - he had no choice!

WTW, you've written some remarkably stupid things on here, and most of the time we just give you a pass, but this is over the top, even for you.

.......and I thought it was just me thinking this.......

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Went around to visit my mother. Luckily she hasn't got into the jw.org thing yet. But she mentioned about the jwtv. I just thought to myself the women has just got no idea of what is going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit