The Art of Hypocrisy - How Jehovah's Witnesses worship a symbol

by BluePill2 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

It has been a while since I've seen a Witness, either in person or virtually. Searching for someone on Facebook took me to the Profile of a Ministerial Servant that I know. I scrolled through his wall to see who is still around and found this gem:

Obviously Ministerial Servant is promoting some kind of Multi-level pyramid scheme and uses the country flag. Ministerial Servant # 2 hits him hard with this comment: "[Name] if you are a Jehovah's Witness you know that he doesn't like idols OK."

So, I checked this fella out and to my surprise HIS wall is full of this:

WTH??? I clicked on other profiles and more and more Witnesses are going full retard on the JW.BORG thing. Did I miss something? I haven't been around for a while, but tell me this is not official (I spare you the other monstrosities as my eyes started bleeding).

Let's summarize: One idiot, that worships symbols and is an active member of a pyramid scheme religion, scolding another idiot for idolatry, that is an active member of two pyramid schemes (one religious the other financial).

Have you seen more of this? If you have examples, please post them here. JW world going nuts!!!! I KNEW IT! Never thought I would live to see this day.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wow! Thanks for sharing. JWdom is truly going nuts (or has gone nuts). I, too, never imagined anything like this would happen. What happened to the religion that at one time seemed so serious, dignified, doctrinally correct, etc.?

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Ridiculous! I've seen people putting stickers on their tablets,books and even cars.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Basically they took the mask off and are becoming the greatest Watchtower Merchandising Machine the World has ever seen. Milking this until there is no Dollar to be milked off the members.

Even the Catholic cross is more dignifying. At least it has some symbolism to this blue Domain name brand.

Anybody knows if stickers are OK with the leadership? Or are only "Witnesses gone rough" doing this? I am confused. I checked a few more profiles and there are certainly some hard-hard core elders from my time that are doing it as well (.BORG symbols in all kinds and shapes).

One had a picture of a f***** handkerchief (who uses cotton handkerchiefs?) with the **.ORG symbol stitched to it.

Will he take his handkerchief out and let it fall to the ground, like some Victorian-times lady to pick it up discreetly, throw a smile at a passersby and hope they saw the domain name????? WHAT is the game plan here?

I-N-S-A-N-E!!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What I want to know is; where can I buy a case of JW.org blue toilet paper? Paper towels to clean up cat sh*t would be nice as well. WT's and Awake! are already good for lining bird cages, we need .org toilet paper.

What can I say, this religion has gone to the dogs, who eat their own vomit.

dog suitcase with jw.org logo.  Sick!

- Wing Commander

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Australia's International Convention is a few weeks away & people here a madly making all sorts of JW Org gifts for delegates & posting pics on Insta & FB. anything from JW soaps & brackets to book marks, pens & coasters. anything they can stick JW.org on, they have done it...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can ask what does their symbol have to do with the soul. And they can ask me about what other symbols have to do with the soul.

The cross represents several things. There is a cross on the Zodiac, which is important in astrology. Your soul has the upside down cross--the 7 major chakras aligned vertically, with the hip chakra forming the beam crossing the main line. These have been corrupted, with jesus having died on the cross representing you are giving up your soul to that thing, assisting with the enslavement of the whole human race. But at least the cross itself has legitimate meaning.

The much misaligned swastika also had meaning. Your solar chakra is represented by the swastika, which happens to be the symbol of the sun. Pagans venerated the swastika for this reason. This was long before Hitler, a pagan who was forced into war (and, before that, repaired Germany which had been much damaged by its hyperinflation, and built the best highway system in the world), used this symbol and it errantly became associated with totalitarianism (the jw dot org symbol is more in line with totalitarianism). As with the cross, the swastika itself has legitimate meaning.

But the jw dot org symbol? Can anyone even attempt to describe any useful attribute, current or ancient, where this symbol has legitimate meaning to the human soul?

• Onager
    Onager

How is this acceptable to the general JW populace?!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Onager - "How is this acceptable to the general JW populace?!"

"Give us a king symbol, so that we may be like the nations!"

• sporece
    sporece

It's something new that the watchtower is pushing and there is a frenzy going on.

Eventually it will fade and it's back to regular business.

The END is around the corner and it's been since 1870.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit