Public Talk - Probe to Uranus

by berrygerry 12 Replies latest social humour

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I'm being deadly serious - many, many years ago, an English (UK) visiting speaker, giving a talk on science and the Bible, made the statement:
    "As we speak, there is a probe that is nearing Uranus."

Myself and one other brother were just dying trying to control an explosion of laughter.

I so desperately wanted to yell out: "And they're searching for Klingons."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Reminds me of the tine in the Group Study when the reader said, instead of annals, the "anals of history".

A number of us sniggered quite loud.

• steve2
    steve2

Such unclean language is an abumination unto the Lord.

• bigmac
    bigmac

are souls immortal ?

• zeb
    zeb

or the bro who said of Alexander the great that they fought in a parallax. (Phalanx)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Or the brother that said that when he was a sailor if he were approached by a gay he would have thumped him. Well, that's what he meant. What he actually said was: "I'd have given him a good fisting!"

Why was it only me laughing?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The brother who took the Ministry School, in my ex KH, was talking about punctuation and asked us if we knew what a colon was.

Much hilarity followed.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Punk, you are such a naughty boy!!!

• Caedes
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Many years ago a elder was giving a talk on nature. After bringing points about animals, birds and insects he started talking about fish and how they feed on tiny organism to keep alive. But instead of saying organism he said orgasm. Just not once but serveral times. One statement was all those orgasm our out in the water to feed the fish. We just about died trying not to laugh outloud. So next time you go out on a lake or ocean watch out for all those orgasm. LOL Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit