Three Types of People and Their Destinies!

by Kalos 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kalos
    Kalos

[Christians—including JWs—tried very hard with their evangelism among the Hindus, but did not accomplish much. Because the Hindus are in possession of something BETTER. The actual name of Hindus is Sanatana Dharma (eternal duty) which is defined as “taking delight in the welfare of all beings” (Bhagavat Gita 12:4, 20) Hindus (which literally means ‘those who live by the sides of Indus river) is a superficial and geographical name given to them later. With this information if you read the following post, you will know why Christians—including JWs—could not convert even one “real” Hindu]

Quality-wise there are three types of things—high, medium and low.

And quality-wise there are three types of people: Satwic (virtuous);Rajasic (having mixed qualities) and Tamasic (vicious).—Bhagavat Gita 18:23-25.

Characters in the great epic Mahabharat are the vivid picturization of above qualities in varying degrees. In same situation people act/react differently. Karna (one of the main characters) wasted his whole life on revenge against those who called him Suta Putr (son of a servant) whereas Vidura (who was also son of a maid-servant) spent his whole life in trying to elevate others! In our lives we meet Mahabharat characters, each of whom shows his/her own way of acting and reacting. In poverty some may turn into stealing, suicide, prostitution… etc., yet not all poor people choose to do so, where as some rich people may choose to do those things! Among those who go deep into Science and Philosophy some may become atheists and others may find their faith in God reinforced. Religious founders appeared at various timings and declared great truths, yet followers in general have simply been repeating the way they had been doing! Why?

Answer lies in a hidden factor that is at work in all human beings! People act/react according to their sanskar (taste/tendencies). (Bhagavat Gita 3:33). Sanskar is formed by the force of repeated actions in which one takes delight. Thus a very few would always choose to remain satwic or conquerors of vices in their “innumerable births.” (Bhagavat Gita 2:22) Others will choose to repeat their rajasicand tamasic sanskars!

Many would complain asking: ‘Why can’t God appear and tell us what to do?’ But the truth is that we need only to open our eyes to see what we need to know! Look at the life-support systems such as the fruit-bearing trees. They produce fruits (not for them to eat) for the nourishment of others, and thus do good for the sake of good! In the process, they manifest three core-attributes or principles (which are also at the root of all of God’s qualities described in various Scriptures):

1) Trees have been producing their seeds in whose memory all their future generations remain protected so that tree-seed-tree cycle goes on eternally—hence highlight the principle of Satyam (TRUTH), which literally means that which does not change, hence remains forever.

2) Fruit-bearing trees clothe their seeds with nutritious flesh—hence highlight the quality of Shivom (BENEFICENCE).

3) And they present the fruits to us in attractive colors and shape—hence highlight the quality of Sundaram (BEAUTY)!

Thus life of a fruit-bearing tree is the simplest, satwic (elevated) message, clearly conveyed earlier and better than all the religious founders have preached. Intellectuals and philosophers have always discerned these principles from the trees. For example, Socrates told his friend to use the famous “Test of Three”: ‘Before you talk to me about something, let's take a moment to test whether what you're going to say is Truthful, Beneficial and Pleasant [or Beautiful].’ No wonder this principle is spoken as the essence of a satwic person. (Bhagavat Gita 17:15) It is with this principle that each Re-creation of the Golden Age always begins. (Bhagavat Gita 3:10, 11) Then with the passing of time, decline in quality sets in, and Kalpa (cycle of years—various Schools of Thought give different number of years as duration of one Kalpa) passes through rajasic and tamasic stages! .

Fact of the matter is that anyone can change into satwic sanskar if he wants to. Even in this Iron Age, those who work as Air Hostesses and work in the Customer Care Services choose not to get angry even at the face of provocation while on duty, but may choose to get angry with their family members at home! This is true of all other vices! It means virtues are intrinsic to our nature, hence come naturally to us, but vices are performed out of choice, hence come with effort and planning! Whether virtues or vices, they all become stronger and stronger by the force of repetition as happens with our body muscles. If one loses his right-hand, he simply switches over to his left-hand and in time his left-hand becomes as skillful as his right-hand was! All these go to show that people can change into any direction—from virtuous to vicious and vice versa, but most people choose to go with the crowd!

Hence the question arises: How should God respond to such choices people make in REPEATING the same thing over and over again? It would make no sense if God tries to forcefully change people to behave as He expects them to do (which would only reduce them into mere robots!) So, the Law of Nature takes over. According to the Law of Nature, people are born in a suitable system of things that each one deserves—quality-wise or number-wise. This means there should be three phases in each Kalpa to match the above three categories of people:

1) A satwic system of things (comprised of Golden Age and Silver Age) for the satwic people;

2) A rajasic system of things (Copper Age) for the rajasic people;

3) A tamasic system of things (Iron Age) for the tamasic people! (Compare Bhagavat Gita 14:18)

Such a quality-wise division of Kalpa is a wonderful design! Though thesatwic system of things is exclusively for the satwic, asatwic person continues to take birth in the ages that come later on. (Compare Bhagavat Gita 6:40, 41) But a rajasic person cannot take birth in satwic system as he will not feel comfortable, and will not like to live in that atmosphere, nor does he deserve to live with such elevated souls. And the same principle applies to a tamasic person too; he can only take birth for the first time in a Kalpa only at a time when he can feel comfortable, that is, in the Iron Age (Kaliyug). By the end of each Kalpa, all souls come down from the “soul-world” and take up bodies (are born) on the basis of their worth. This explains why population would reach its peak towards the end of Iron Age [“Last Days”]. And this also means at the end of each Kalpa [which happens when humans CHOOSE to go for the last, and the real World War, prophetically called Mahaharata War] all souls will have to go back to their original home (soul world) and wait for their turn to be born in a certain order (number-wise) in the respective/appropriate phase of the next Kalpa!

In all of the above events and development, God plays no direct role! Everything goes by the principle of “Sow and Reap,” which means one thing leads to another! (Galatians 6:7) You may have observed that you rise up from your sleep with the very thoughts you went to the bed! Similarly, you are reborn with the same sanskar with which you lived your previous life! When the nature arranges various fruits through trees, it ensures that fruits come to us in same taste, flavor and color in every generation of trees. The same Law of Nature and same Law of Sow and Reap would ensure that each one would be born with the same sanskar of his previous birth and thus be reborn in the suitable slot at the right time!

• Kalos
    Kalos

Kalos is actually Pinku who was posting till last week. But unfortunately I was deleted when I commented positively on the existence of God. Such an arbitrary action of disfellowshipping would only validate JWs, not JW.net who encourages free-thinking. I believe in SPIRITUALITY WITHOUT RELIGION! If you still feel I should be disfellowshipped, you may go ahead with it

• cantleave
    cantleave

What cult are you selling?

• Kalos
    Kalos

Spirituality without religions

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Those who are good at math and those that are not!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

ummmm you think we're still in the Iron Age?

• kaik
    kaik

Walking through the streets, I see three types of people: males, females, and shreks whose gender is impossible to guess due physiognomy features of the individuals.

• prologos
    prologos

For JWs there are only TWO types of people. US ('true Christians') and --them. I remember the feeling had developped when Walking Through The Streets as I started to "study" in 1957.

Now everybody deserves my unconditional goodwill (until they prove otherwise)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm mixed.

One reason my marriage to a JW didn't work was he was a little bit country and I was a little bit rock and or roll.

• dabster
    dabster

If there was a 'Like' button I'd like FlyingHighNow's comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit