Three Types of People and Their Destinies!

by Kalos 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kalos
    Kalos

dabster

There is a button--Will-power!

• Terry
    Terry

. . . Spirituality without religions . . .

Spirituality is a substitute term for superstition.

In the history of the world, the earliest and most primitive tribes of man ignorantly imagined what they did not know.

It was a world of powerful, invisible beings of mysterious intention.

Primitive society began efforts to appease the invisible unknown through sacrifices and offerings.

By the time the first Con Men came along, Religion was well on its way.

Religion is somebody pretending to KNOW something by mysterious connections to invisible beings.

SUPERSTITION without a PLOT and MEDIATOR is SPIRITUALITY.

A state of mind willing to accept the unprovable and live as though it were a fact--is a state of mind dangerous to itself and others.

SPIRITUALITY is the last refuge of the willfully ignorant.

But hey--if it makes you feel better, then . . .

• Kalos
    Kalos

Terry

When I say SPIRITUALITY without religion, it means:

refraining from doing harm to others,

and do good to them, if possible. (compare Mathew 18:7)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can I throw the bible out and be a spiritual satanist as long as do good to others?? "GOD" won't care, will he?? Can I choose to believe nothing, as long as I do good things??

I will say this, I always admired the monks in old Kung-fu films. They contemplated life, they meditated, they would even fight for a good cause, but I never heard them claim to have all the answers. If just living, ZEN, is spirituality, count me in.

DD

• designs
    designs

I'm going to get a Happy-face Bindi tattooed on my forehead....

• Kalos
    Kalos

DATA-DOG

What you say is correct. However, no Satan exists (See how the Satan led Jesus to top of a mountain to show all the kingdoms of the earth—betraying his own erroneous belief about the shape of the earth. If Satan shares the erroneous belief of humans of the first century, he is definitely the creation of the human mind). Hence I do not agree with the adjective SATANIC to refer to all other religions except what you think is God’s.

Even God does not have a religion or a scripture on earth. If there were one, he would have ensured they remain united and pure respectively!

So, we come to the same conclusion—learn from experience, and lead a good life—James 2:8

Jesus preached a good life, not religion—Mathew 5:44-48

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Spirituality without religion is practiced best by those who give spirituality and religion no consideration.

These are the ones who live as intended. Just being.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

DATA-DOG—

Yes you can. God will not care. Everything would be happening as it should.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Religion is basically ancient ethics and norms wrapped in superstition and fables, carried on down throught time by cultural and familial tradition.

Some of those ethics were good and still stand, some were ignorant and need discarding (unless you're a member of ISIS, for example). And of course all of the fables and myths are discarded.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

There are 3 types of things? people? And we are to digest this? Coming from a religion, which, condones live bride burning at the pyre of her dead husband? As recent as 1987 ( Roop Kanwar case). And, arguably, which still takes place sporadically, in secret pockets of Rajasthan?

The same religion that brought about the caste system and untouchability? For hundreds -if not thousands- of years ,ISIS like, where the upper castes exploited the Vaishias/Sudhras stripping them of all dignity indeed humanity; where their women and children were raped and buggered, enslaved for generations, beaten , kicked , spat upon ,made to lick spit from the ground, and murdered simply because one was born from the " mouth/forehead of Brahma, while the other from his toes ( or ass if you get my meaning.) ? And you are quoting scriptures from that to help educate ex-JW's that they are who they are because of their "Sanskar"? What are you really trying to indoctrinate people with? Predestination?

The same shitty book that has adherents like the bigoted Hindus butcher Modi, the recently elected PM of India? Remember his slaughter of 900 odd innocent Muslims in 2002 in Godhra Gujrat?

Get real friend . Science negates all that you've said - like it does all religions and their so-called " Holy Books; with their crappy philosophy, and pathetically lousy and erroneous intepretations of human behaviour."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit